The Student Room Group

feel like the only 19yo who hasn't had sex

obviously i'm not haha but feel so **** about myself at the moment. all my friends have had sex, everyone i know has and i literally feel like i am the only person who hasn't had sex yet. It stresses me out so much and i just feel like it's never gonna happen and i'm never gonna find the right person. never really been in a relationship either, honestly terrified of having sex (the pain and stuff) i just feel super self conscious and worried and wish i could just get it over and done with :frown: (female by the way) anyone else ever felt like this?
I was 19 when I first had sex. It's normal, don't fret. I recently found out a guy I used to go to school with, who was extremely popular with the ladies, is still a virgin to this day.

Relax. It'll happen when the time is right. Don't rush into something, you'll want it to be special. :smile:
Well I am 18 and a virgin. I dont feel bad at all, I know some people that have lost it, some that are virgins and that's fine. People have their own pace when they are developing things. Some people just do things later in life and there is nothing wrong with that. You shouldn't feel bad at all.
18, and happy to have been single all my life. No having to fit your life around someone else's schedule, no judgemental friends and family, no messy breakups. Less drama!
Study shows that people who save their virginity until after their teenage years tend to earn more than those won't don't.
Reply 5
Original post by tianshan
Study shows that people who save their virginity until after their teenage years tend to earn more than those won't don't.

That's probably why I earn a lot of money

Or it's because i'm fugly, probably the latter.
Reply 6
You're still damn young, the time will come.

And trust, not everyone that says they've done it actually have...
Reply 7

I like this stat :mmm:
As soon as you lose your viginity, whether it's with someone you love or a one night stand, you will soon realise that it doesn't mean anything and you will look at sex from a totally different angle.
Reply 9
It happens when it happens. There's no reason to feel self conscious.

Did you get that from the survey of ********?
19 year old, and fairly popular with the ladies, but still a virgin. I'm more focused on getting my degree right now, and personally, I'd want to get to know the person well before going that far.
Reply 12
I knew plenty of girls at 19 who hadn't had sex for various reasons it isnt a big deal despite what some might say.
Reply 13
Sex is usually way overrated. Most guys, especially under 25-30 have no idea what they're doing so tell you the truth, you probably won't enjoy it much anyway.

This may be embarrassing but I'd say experiment by yourself. It won't seem as scary and you'll be able to steer the guy the right way when you do have sex.

Btw, I bet you some of those friends who are claiming they had/are having sex are still virgins. So don't just go and have sex with someone random to "fit in". You don't want to regret your first time like many girls do
Original post by Anonymous
obviously i'm not haha but feel so **** about myself at the moment. all my friends have had sex, everyone i know has and i literally feel like i am the only person who hasn't had sex yet. It stresses me out so much and i just feel like it's never gonna happen and i'm never gonna find the right person. never really been in a relationship either, honestly terrified of having sex (the pain and stuff) i just feel super self conscious and worried and wish i could just get it over and done with :frown: (female by the way) anyone else ever felt like this?

Think of it as keeping first times for someone special like I'm doing.
I seem to get a lot of girls attracted to me but I've never even come close to kissing a girl.. It will happen, we just need to get ourselves out there so that we meet more people.

Quick Reply

Latest