Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Film at Uni of Glasgow

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Is anyone on this course/looking to study this? It looks rather theory heavy which isn't really a huge issue but I would eventually like to get into a more practical film career. Is there any practical work? What is the workload like?

The course structure should give you an idea of the balance between theory and practical work. Ask the uni if they can put you in touch with current students and visit if you can.

I'm applying this year for 2017 entry. It definitely seems more theory based, especially in comparison the other unis I've looked at. If you can make it to the open days I'd recommend going up and talking to the lecturers and students there, I went to one last year and one a couple days ago. The next one is October 22nd I think? They have stalls in the main hall throughout the day and if you go the film stand they'll tell you everything about the course and answer any questions you have, plus there's the talk later on in the day which details the course in full.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.