Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

BBC Headline; Syrian migrant killed in German blast

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Name:  CoMGQ-EWgAAfaiV.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  87.9 KB

The headline has since been changed, but I think this really shows just what the mindset of these 'non-conclusionists' is like.

How are we in a position where politically bias people, who's world view doesn't correlate with the reality in which we live, are running public institutions who's main goal it is to write the news that helps the public form their opinions ?

This, it seems to me, is the more immediate problem.

Far left extremists, that are anything but liberal, leading a false narrative and using public money to spread it. These people, and there are many on this very site, are extreme in that their imagining of the world has been skewed completely, the cognitive dissonance is as bad as any Islamic motivated terrorist with ill conceived grievances and disillusions of eternal life for murdering innocents.

There are flat world believing young earth creationists that are more lucid in their understanding of the subject, yet we don't associate this politically bias leading of the evidence with extremist behavior.

I can't see a solution to this problem of Islam ever being dealt with until the people mentioned above are dealt with, and I can't ever see that happening in the UK. So I guess we get used to more of this, I pray to see something done about this in my lifetime.

The BBC is deeply compromised by both establishment figures (Mi5) and their even more insidious Crony Capitalist puppeteers

Was this before or after MSM found out it was a deliberate explosion?

From what I've seen most of these attacks are not from Syrians, because many who have invaded Europe's borders are not from Syria, but all over the Middle East

I wish people would stop making it out to be a Syrian refugee crisis from one country when it's more like half the continent

Don't forget the many coming from Africa too

I agree that BBC news coverage is appallingly biased and absurdly pro refugee, pro immigration, and refuses to make the link between Islam and terrorism.

But I don't think it matters. They don't much influence public opinion which (according to polls) is resolutely anti refugee, anti immigration and sees very well the link between Islam and terrorism. In fact it could be that the risible BBC coverage of all these topics actually hardens attitudes. BBC reporters emoted on camera as the boats landed, their viewers were thinking "who is going to pay for all this, where are they going to live, what about the increased crime and terrorism?"

They are living in a metropolitan bubble, speaking in an echo chamber. Of far less influence than they think, of far less importance.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.