The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mdog235
i'm in connaught too. Anybody know about how many grad students are usually there? Will I be the only one?

There are a hell of a lot of grad students. Dont worry about being the only one. During my two years at Connaught probably about half my good friends were grad students. They make up a very considerable proportion of the resident student body.
mdog- I'm going to the Courtauld too! For the BA though, not for postgrad. Where did you do your first degree? In the information they sent me about Connaught, I'm pretty sure it said something about around 10% of the students being postgrads, but I could be wrong on that.
I will be in Sidney Webb House. Anyone interested to swap?
Reply 23
anyone going 2 international from lse? or from any uni at all??

it wasnt my first choice (considering it's so expensive - £133/wk) but it sounds nice. there's loads of rules though...no kettles, no minifridges, limits on guests etc.

btw anyone know if the food is good??
Reply 24
I got Canterbury Hall! Will be studying Aerospace Eng at Queen Mary.
Reply 25
Hey! I also got Canterbury hall! I had Connaught as my first choice but now that i think about it, the bathroom situation in Canterbury looks MUCH better. I'll be studying Law at Kings College. Are you an international student as well?

I don't know if i'm using this thing correctly either, this is my first post...
Reply 26
Also Canterbury Hall too :smile: (Going to UCL for English)
I've looked at it from the outside and calculated the distance from UCL to the hall (10 minutes :p: ) but I was too chicken to ask if I could have a peek inside. We'll find out in a few weeks time anyway.
i got connaught wahoo!!
Reply 29
uthinkilltellu
commonwealth college. think its good?

Commonwealth is good, the JCR have organised some fun events, like end of term dinners & a xmas party & end of year party in some london clubs.
The rooms are pretty average for halls, most floors have been refurbished now & hopefully they'll have the rest of them done by the time you go. The bathrooms are ok, kept clean.
Nice to have the gardens opposite & good location for Covent Garden, Euston & going out.
Reply 30
hi im in commonwealth accommodation, my 3rd choice as i would hav prefered self catered...but im happy 2 get anything! does anybody know how strict they are on the rules of having friends to stay?
Reply 31
i thought beijing is very far?
Reply 32
I'll be at Canterbury Hall. When you lot moving in ? Is it the 17th or 18th?
The 22nd or 23rd for me.
Reply 34
hmmm, im moving on the 15th...
im not moving in till the 30th!!!. also, can i check that there's nothing im meant to have sent that i havent. im paranoid iv forgotten to send something or something's been lost in the post because i havent heard anything from canterbury since i got my results and im not sure whether i need to confirm to them that i'll be there
Reply 36
Just call up Canterbury halls and they will tell you. If they have taken £200 something deposit from your account previously, your place should be still fine. They didn't send me anything after results either, called up, the women said yes everything is fine just move in date was 17th or 18th (can't remember, will have to call up again lol)

www.london.ac.uk/221.html
but if you're moving in on the 17th and im not moving in till the 30th, doesn't that mean i'll miss out on loads of stuff and all the getting to know people
Not necessarily I'm sure there'll be other people from LSE arriving then too, I wont be moving in 'till the 23rd anyway. So long as you don't miss out on a lot of your Fresher's stuff I'm sure you'll be fine.
Reply 39
mojo_06
hi im in commonwealth accommodation, my 3rd choice as i would hav prefered self catered...but im happy 2 get anything! does anybody know how strict they are on the rules of having friends to stay?

there not that strict, you have to sign them in by 12pm and pay £3 I think per night. If you want more than 1 to stay then just get a friend to sign them in.