The Student Room Group

I'm literally having the worst day of my life. - Kinda urgent.. pls helppp. :(

I've had a really bad day guys. :frown:

I don't even care if anyone knows who I am, it's just really embarrassing so I'm trying to minimise that by making it anonymous.

To make things worse well:

Bloody Mary has just risen from her grave again + I have no sanitary towels or tampons bc I wasn't expecting my menstrual cycle to start up again so soon. My mum always keeps some emergency ones but my mum is NOT HERE + I know it's stupid that I rely on her but please be nice about this.

I'm literally in the shower + I don't know what to do other than cry.

What do I do? I don't have anyone close by that'll be able to drop me any, no.
I can't go out to buy myself some bc, everything is:

A) too far away.

B) Probably closed.

C) How am I supposed to get there considering I'm a walking bottle of ketchup.

My laptop is on 77%, I think it is waterproof enough, + if I don't respond anymore, then we'll know it isn't.
Try putting layers of tissue in your underwear, it will soak up the blood for the time being
Do you have neighbours you can ask?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
cant u use tissue
Original post by Anonymous

I don't even care if anyone knows who I am, it's just really embarrassing so I'm trying to minimise that by making it anonymous.

Bloody Mary has just risen from her grave again + I have no sanitary towels or tampons bc I wasn't expecting my menstrual cycle to start up again so soon. My mum always keeps some emergency ones but my mum is NOT HERE + I know it's stupid that I rely on her but please be nice about this.

A) too far away.

B) Probably closed.

My laptop is on 77%, I think it is waterproof enough, + if I don't respond anymore, then we'll know it isn't.

You can wrap cotton wool with toilet paper and use that as an emergency sanitary pad. I know its not very ideal but it will help x

You can also use a face towel or cut a towel.
(edited 7 years ago)
Use lots of toilet paper. :colondollar: Wrap it around so it doesn't move and layer underneath and on top.
Everything will be okay, sorry you've had a bad day. :hugs:
Reply 5
Personally I'd sacrifice a towel. You can either use a small one and try to wash it out later, or a bigger one and cut it up into pieces that will fit in your underwear. Layer it up to make sure it doesn't soak through, and possibly put a towel on your bed as an extra precaution. You could use any other fabric you can get, like shirts etc, but thick and fluffy fabric is likely to absorb more liquid. If you're very paranoid then you can always set a few alarms to check regularly if you need to change whatever you decided to use.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6

A) too far away.

B) Probably closed.

You're in the shower, you got a sponge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A) too far away.

B) Probably closed.

Bundle up a load of toilet tissue and put it in your underwear. It's just a little bit of blood don't worry about it. Just remember to check and change it a lot
Reply 8
Please keep posts on topic and constructive guys. This is evidently a sensitive issue for the OP and so any posts that aren't constructive or make fun of their situation will be dealt with appropriately.

Thank you!
Tissue folded up loads then get someone else to get you some.
Use and a clean sock, wrap it in lots and lots of tissue paper, that should do for the night, use another sock in the morning and then go out and buy sanitary items.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
X

Original post by sameehaiqbal
X

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
X

Tissue sounded too unreliable + well.. messy so I went for a face towel, thank you for the idea. That wouldn't ever last the night though so I had to go to my neighbour's house. The problem is that most of our neighbours are elderly people.. or the ones we speak to anyway.. but I thought I'd try regardless + it was really embarrassing + I was scared bc I don't like disturbing people when it's so late + I didn't think they'd open the door bc of that but they did + the woman was really nice + understanding about it + it just made me cry more bc I didn't think that people would be so nice but she made me a cup of tea + got her husband to go out to the 24hr Tesco to get me some + it's all fine now.

I forgot that neighbour's existed. - Thank you for reminding me that neighbour's existed.

Sorry if that was tmi, goodnight + thanks for all the help + being so kind.

:grouphugs:
Oh dear. :emo:

Step 2: Embarrass yourself.

Emoticons such as '', '' or '' would be most appropriate. Mentions of any personal life problems/issues should also be explained in lots of detail and if you are feeling particularly emotionally vulnerable then it is highly recommended that you pour your soul onto the forum for everyone to feast their eyes upon. Excessive uses of hyperbole are required to properly achieve this.
Reply 14

Sorted that for you :smile:
It's okay, you're not the only one it happens to don't worry. :console:

To make you feel better I woke up with a surprise this morning. :ahee:

EDIT: Took the quote out. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Like others have said, tissues, toilet paper, towels. You can also use a sock if you don't have anything else. Just take one, stuff it slightly with toilet paper so it doesn't sink through. If you're worried about it moving then wrap some more toilet paper around it and your underwear to keep it in place
Edit. Oh well, it's sorted now
Original post by Tabstercat
Step 2: Embarrass yourself.

Emoticons such as '', '' or '' would be most appropriate. Mentions of any personal life problems/issues should also be explained in lots of detail and if you are feeling particularly emotionally vulnerable then it is highly recommended that you pour your soul onto the forum for everyone to feast their eyes upon. Excessive uses of hyperbole are required to properly achieve this.

Yah, thanks for the reminder.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending