The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan 4-6 weeks waiting time

Does anyone know why it takes so long for them to assess our applications?

Or has anyone else had their application assessed faster?

I was hoping to get an answer regarding the loan before I accept any offers but looks like I may have to accept before I know if I can fund my studies :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidguettafan
Does anyone know why it takes so long for them to assess our applications?

Or has anyone else had their application assessed faster?

I was hoping to get an answer regarding the loan before I accept any offers but looks like I may have to accept before I know if I can fund my studies :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty standard to accept offers before a funding solution is in place.

It will be taking so long because they under-estimated the application numbers and under-resourced the staffing of the process - combined with making the process public about 3 months later than they should have!
Original post by davidguettafan

I was hoping to get an answer regarding the loan before I accept any offers but looks like I may have to accept before I know if I can fund my studies

This always was going to be the problem with the late set-up of these loans. I suspect that with the summer rush of applications, many people will be starting courses without any decision about this £9,000.
Reply 3
I actually had mine accepted within about three days. But then, I applied the day after it opened, so I was probably pretty darn close to the front of the queue.
I called them the other day and they said the processing times are currently 4 working days max and it's a quick turnaround as the applications are straightforward.
Reply 5
SF usually quotes six weeks for processing undergrad applications, so this is nothing new.

There's no real jeopardy with a postgrad loan, so you don't need it confirmed before uni places are sorted. If you're eligible, you'll get it. There are no credit checks, just the basic residency stuff.*
Reply 6
I had mine confirmed in less than 2 weeks. I don't know if this is because I'd taken out an undergrad loan already or that I just provided my passport details on the form...However it was very quick my SF standards. Also I suspect the peak and sebsquently the backlog of applications has now started.
Reply 7
Mine was approved the day after I applied, but like Vorcen, I applied the day applications opened. I accepted my offer before I even applied for funding, it's pretty standard to do so, so don't worry about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending