The Student Room Group

How often are you genuinely happy?

Scroll to see replies

I try to be happy 95% of the time, but my mum ruins all of that, so I would say between 50%-60% of the time, :h:
Original post by Supersaps
I think you change your profile picture more often than I change underwear. :wink:

well now i know you dont go comando lol
I have moments where I am happy, but in general I'm not. I often feel like I've missed out on things that my peers have had and I'm very prone to low moods anyway. I have hardly any friends, never had that amazing experience that everyone else seems to have had at uni, no boyfriend, no job and no idea what I even want to do with my life. I'm fairly sure I'll never find someone to spend the rest of my life with. That along with an anxiety disorder make for quite an unhappy person.
Tbh I'm rarely "happy" or content nowadays. I always seem to worry and stress.

The last time I truly felt happy was a while ago when I went to a concert. Sounds stupid but in that moment I was happy being around my friends and other people who enjoyed the same bands as me. Music is my escape, in those few hours I was having fun and I had forgotten my problems.
Reply 24
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Luck you

ahahah just have very very low expectations so that you'll never be disappointed :u: Works very well for me :thumbsup:
Usually when I'm sleeping :biggrin:
probably when i am drunk with my friends or when im watching parks and recreation
Original post by goam
Woah never realised that it's rare for a lot of people to be happy most of the time :K: I'd say I'm happy/content 80% of the time- even though I have pretty much nothing going on for me :dontknow:
What PrincessBO$$ said! I want some :frown:

Luck you
You aysha are so relatable :h:

Relatable.... What does that even mean:dontknow: sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goam
ahahah just have very very low expectations so that you'll never be disappointed :u: Works very well for me :thumbsup:

:awesome: thats a good advice, now teach me how to have low expectations :biggrin: pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I remember having my children and feeling real happiness they were born safely but they are the only two days in recent years I felt truly happy.
Oh and the day after I got married when there wasn't any stress or arguments for a whole day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the fact we're all so gutted and yearning for childhood is a sign of the times, having said that the transition from childhood to adulthood has always been a difficult one. It's just worse now that the future for us millenials is looking bleak not just from our perspective but the older generations too. I guess all we can do is club together and remember the nineties and early noughties before the world turned to **** :tongue: :getmecoat:
Original post by mediaya
Relatable.... What does that even mean:dontknow: sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can easily relate with you :colonhash:
I can easily relate with you :colonhash:

Ooooooh hahah didnt realise it has the word relate in it, lol sorry, am being a stupid weirdo aint i?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
Ooooooh hahah didnt realise it has the word relate in it, lol sorry, am being a stupid weirdo aint i?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is random!
and you are not a stupid weirdo :colondollar: i am :colone:
[video="youtube;n7mGbwvPAx8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mGbwvPAx8[/video]
This is random!
and you are not a stupid weirdo :colondollar: i am :colone:
[video="youtube;n7mGbwvPAx8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mGbwvPAx8[/video]

What why? Why r u? Yh i think i read it wrong, am prolly going crazy :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by mediaya
:awesome: thats a good advice, now teach me how to have low expectations :biggrin: pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's a deep quote that might answer that question!

We come to the platform where we don’t expect anything from others by cultivating humility. If we are proud, we feel that we deserve so many good things from so many people. If we are actually humble, we are grateful for whatever happens and for whatever that comes. :moon: - Radhanath Swami
Most of the time. I'm rarely not happy.
Original post by mediaya
What why? Why r u? Yh i think i read it wrong, am prolly going crazy :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colone: im going crazy
:colone: im going crazy

Seeee, i am reading what i think i am...... Prolly going crazyyyyyy :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest