The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Hotel/Motel near Uni of Sussex

Hi guys, since I'll be going to Sussex this september my parents will need someplace to stay for 2-3 days before or while I settle into uni - to help with moving in etc etc.

Currently I cant find ANY hotels or motels nearby the uni for them to stay at - are there any? which ones are there? THEY ARE DESPERATELY LOOKING. Usually there are hotels or travelodges and premiere inns everywhere but I cant seem to find any near Sussex uni. PLESAE HELP!

Thanks
Reply 1
There train is under 10 minutes from brighton, could they find a place in brighton to stay at? There is no hotels at falmer, just part of brighton university and sussex university
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by ll232
There train is under 10 minutes from brighton, could they find a place in brighton to stay at? There is no hotels at falmer, just part of brighton university and sussex university

i guess they'll have to get a hotel/motel at brighton. Do you know how much train tickets cost ? Also are there any proper things in falmer for me to live on lol like proper restaurants, shops, tescos&other shopping places?
Original post by u97
i guess they'll have to get a hotel/motel at brighton. Do you know how much train tickets cost ? Also are there any proper things in falmer for me to live on lol like proper restaurants, shops, tescos&other shopping places?

An off-peak return ticket from Brighton to Falmer is just over Ā£3, it's not very expensive at all and very very quick.

You will have to travel into Brighton for anything exciting (restaurants, shops etc) but Brighton is honestly one of the best places to live near - All the restaurants and shops you could ask for! In terms of general food shopping, there is a small Co-Op shop on campus but many people will get food deliveries from a bigger (and cheaper) supermarket nearby. Once you've bonded with your flatmates, it will make sense to split these deliveries!

Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest