The Student Room Group

Inspiring results day stories

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paraphilos
For me it's about being in the middle set mathematics class throughout GCSE - being told no one in our class was capable of a B in mathematics - and then getting a grade 1 in STEP to get into Warwick.

Wow Hahaa ; so upsetting when teachers have such low expectations on their students !
Original post by Cobalt_
I think a few sixth forms do it. I thought it was a common thing, it was for students who got AAA or higher so they could have their photo with their grades for the next college prospectus.

Thank you! :smile:

Hmm I guess they're not technically telling you your grades ; I wish my sixth form did this haha, but they tend to just post a selection of people's amazing grades on the website but this doesn't go up till results day itself and typically after everyone's got their grades yeti might check the website just incase someone posts it early without thinking ! Haha
Reply 82
I got an A in AS further maths without realising 😂
Reply 83
I was predicted straight Cs in my GCSEs but was determined to do better! I literally fought to retake assessments so that I could boost my overall grade in the end.
In summer (2016), I cam out with 1A*, 3As and 6Bs.

I got my A in English language (A* in the exam and 1UMS mark off an A* overall - grrrr), despite getting a D in my mock-mock exams, and managed an A in RE, despite getting an E in my mock-mock and a D in my mocks.

Hard work and determination really are everything, so please believe in yourself!

You can do this!!!

Quick Reply

Latest