The Student Room Group

Two men kidnap priest, take hostages in church near the French Rouen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blah3210
I said the objectionable forms of FGM are not condoned in Islam; what's wrong with
hoodectomy?
Hoodectomy is reduction or removal of the clitoral prepuce. This is classified as a form of female genital mutilation by the World Health Organisation http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/topics/fgm/overview/en/

"Female genital mutilation comprises all procedures involving partial or total removal of the external female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons (WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, 1997)"

It is incredible that someone is actually defending this form of abuse (including on children) right on TSR

Hoodectomy is against the law in the UK, which considers that a person is guilty of an offence "if he excises, infibulates or otherwise mutilates the whole or any part of a girl’s labia majora, labia minora or clitoris". http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/31. It can be punished with up to 14 years in jail

So, take your propaganda elsewhere

Help advice by the UK Government https://www.gov.uk/female-genital-mutilation-help-advice
(edited 7 years ago)
Just wait until trump gets in and Marine le pen

Massive changes await

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariachi
It is incredible that someone is actually defending this form of abuse (including on children) right on TSR

Really? Plenty defend male circumcision.
Reply 303
Original post by 1010marina
There's no point beating around the bush.

The Muslim communities in the UK consistently condemn the 'xenophobic outbreaks' as a result of these attacks more than the attacks themselves.
Yery true. We see this in our very own TSR Muslim community, ISOC. This is because despite finding the methods of such groups unacceptable, they still support their aims and subscribe to the same ideology. The death of a kuffar is unimportant compared to a life from the ummah.
Original post by dingleberry jam
male infant circumcision is not (unfortunately) against the law.
Whether this is right or wrong, can of course be debated.

But not on this thread
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 305
Original post by cashcash871
Where are all the Muslims of TSR condemning this attack?
They are more concerned about the inevitable violent backlash against poor victim Muslims, that we hear about after every attack. A backlash that never materialises.
Reply 306
Original post by slaven
One must be carefull when the Islamic community dondemns Islamic terrorist attacks because it is possible they are using taqyya. Muslims are allowed to lie to kufrs if this "helps Islam"-

Original post by 1010marina
I never knew about this - just had a quick Google. Disgusting.

On the other hand, even a half-assed attempt is better than radio silence.
I have asked Muslims about this and they say that it is not true.
Original post by mariachi
But not on this thread

Why on earth not? You're talking about female circumcision.
Why on earth not? You're talking about female circumcision.
I opposed (and reported also) support for an illegal activity. That's all.

I do not wish to derail this thread (and neither should you)

Bye
Reply 309
Original post by The_Opinion
It is more than 4%.

The % is doubling every 10 years.

The Muslim population is skewed younger.

Education is not relevant.

New immigrant Muslims will add to high birth rate of existing Muslims.

In about 20 years, the Muslim population of the UK will be about 20%, think of the chaos France currently has with a 10% population.

You seem to have your head in the sand regarding this and filling yourself with wishful thinking.
Pew Research predicts a UK Muslim population in 20 years of less than 10%, and 11% in 2050. Worldwide, Christianity will still outstrip Islam in 2050, both in numbers and as a percentage of population.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/11518702/Mapped-What-the-worlds-religious-landscape-will-look-like-in-2050.html

The chaos in France is not due to number of Muslims (which is actually about 7%). It is due to it being specifically targeted by extremists. The US has less than 1% Muslims but has suffered more attacks than Austria, with 6%.
Original post by QE2
Pew Research predicts a UK Muslim population in 20 years of less than 10%, and 11% in 2050. Worldwide, Christianity will still outstrip Islam in 2050, both in numbers and as a percentage of population.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/11518702/Mapped-What-the-worlds-religious-landscape-will-look-like-in-2050.html

The chaos in France is not due to number of Muslims (which is actually about 7%). It is due to it being specifically targeted by extremists. The US has less than 1% Muslims but has suffered more attacks than Austria, with 6%.

That research is utter bs, it fails the first test of research,is it realistic. It makes no sense that the Muslim % of population has doubledevery 10 years for the last 30 years and is still increasing, and then in 20 years’time it will magically almost stop.

You need to look at reality.

Muslim birth-rates are not going to magically drop to thesame level as non-Muslims, whilst at the same time there is the issue of Muslimmigration into the UK.
Reply 311
And the scholars now agree the concept is outdated; after Muhammad's death, the scholars clarify there was no need to migrate and invade.
So yet again, your argument relies on "my interpretation is better than theirs".
Well, I'm sure that you believe that, just as others believe that theirs is better. And they belive that their belief is better because they require less interpretation, contextualisation, modernism and revisionism when it comes to the infallible and immutable word of Allah. They have this crazy belief that Allah was capable of clearly saying what he meant, and that his word would not become an "outdated concept".

Nope. The verses make it clear these were defensive battles.
Evidence?

But it is the case.
hat is only your opinion. There are other interpretations giving rise to other opinions. Yet again, you are simply claiming that only your interpretation is valid - and that is a demonstrably unsupportable position.

The Christian monks disbelieve and contradict; perhaps Ibn Kathir wasn't contradicting himself, and you're misinterpreting again.
Ibn Kathir is clear about the meaning of 5:3. You may disagree with him, but others may agree, and giving his importance as a scholar and that his tafsir is the most widely used and respected in the world, it is impossible to dismiss their position.

They chose to be judged by their laws.
Wrong. The Banu Qurayza had no say in the matter. The al Aws tribe interceded on behalf of the surrendered Qurayza, asking for leniency. It was Muhammad who suggested that Sa'd pronounce judgement (some commentators have suggested that this was a deliberate ploy to acheive the elimination of the Qurayza while not having to cast judgement himself). When Sa'd said that all the males who had reached puberty should be killed and all the women and children enslaved and their property taken, Muhammad acceded claiming that it was Allah's judgement. Muhammad then authorised and oversaw the beheading of several hundered bound prisoners who had surrendered voluntarily.
Read Ibn Ishaq, or The Sealed Nectar.

Also, Deuteronomy states that the inhabitants of a captured city should only be killed if the city is taken. If the beseiged surrender peacefully, they are onlt to be enslaved. The Qurayza surrendered peacefully, despite being able to easily resist the seige, so death would not be the sentence under Deuteronomy.
Reply 312
Why would Al-Azhar call for the execution of ISIS members?
The same reason that ISIS would call for their execution.

You have a problem with mainstream Muslims rejecting ISIS? loool
I have a problem with people claiming that ISIS have nothing to do with Islam.
Reply 313
You can look up what the texts say about those issues. Conflating behaviour of some muslims with the teachings of Islam is so idiotic, it doesn't merit a response.
So claiming that the behaviour of any Muslims shows anything about Islam is idiotic? I agree.
Just because the majority of Muslims are peaceful, doesn't mean that Islam is peaceful.
We should look only at the content of the ideology. Nothing more.
Original post by QE2
The same reason that ISIS would call for their execution.

I have a problem with people claiming that ISIS have nothing to do with Islam.

Or maybe because their interpretation is not only rejected, they themselves are considered criminals, akin to the historical khawarij.

ISIS have as much to do with Islam as I have the LRA has to do with Christianity.

Continue cherry picking, the majority of the Muslim scholars disagree and I'd much rather back the consensus :smile:
Reply 315
Most sikhs in india commit female infactcide
Look, I know that you are just making stuff up, but you could at least make an effort to disguise it.
Original post by QE2
So claiming that the behaviour of any Muslims shows anything about Islam is idiotic? I agree.
Just because the majority of Muslims are peaceful, doesn't mean that Islam is peaceful.
We should look only at the content of the ideology. Nothing more.

Exactly. The content of the ideology makes it clear that the peaceful aspects followed by Muslims are in-line with Islam, while the violent passages are almost always misinterpreted :smile:
Original post by QE2
Look, I know that you are just making stuff up, but you could at least make an effort to disguise it.

Punjab, where most of the world's Sikhs reside, remains the heart land of pre-natal sex selections and post-natal gender discrimination, in the country. The birth of a son is preferred over that of a daughter since ancient times.
Reply 318
MGM is also unacceptable and unjustifiable barbarity, but it has the advantage of being culturally normalised. Both should be illegal except for clinical necessity.
Exactly. The content of the ideology makes it clear that the peaceful aspects followed by Muslims are in-line with Islam, while the violent passages are almost always misinterpreted :smile:

I think it is pretty clear that Muhammad and the quran condoned murder, acts of terror, torture, slavery, rape, paedophilia etc., and that Muhammad was one of the most evil people who have ever lived.

Quick Reply