The Student Room Group

Accounting and finance at uni any advice?

Hi, I am currently in year 12, thinking about doing accounting at uni but have very little idea about what it really is about. For example, what is auditing and taxation, I have absolute no clue what they are. I haven't done A-level accounting, so my knowledge on accounting is very limited and on the uni website, I only see the topics that will be covered in the course. Hence, there is very little info about what the topics are really about....

I would appreciate it if anyone could help.

Thanks so much in advance.
But what is ‘Audit’ exactly?

Every so often, businesses need reassurance about their performance and reliability. So an audit is a bit like when a car goes in for an MOT. But at KPMG, we go way beyond the simple nuts and bolts of financial statements. We like to get right to the heart of an organisation, getting to grips with the inner workings of the business so we can spot any problems before they happen.For you, the best part is that audit is something that affects all businesses. Which means you’ll have the opportunity to experience life across a variety of industries. You’ll get to meet lots of interesting people and develop skills that are always in demand. Plus, you’ll have access to senior business people from all kinds of different sectors

- KPMG School leavers programme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending