Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Syrian refugees on Scottish island complain it is not exciting enough

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Its not exciting enough? Lol. They're living in a country with a roof over their heads,supplied with food and water, and clothes, and especially no bullets being fired at them. But no... its not exciting enough, lol. That's funny.

(Original post by generallee)

The total intellectual bankruptcy of liberalism, is revealed in your post.

People aren't listening to you any more. Look around Europe. We are sick of you. We despise you. My point of view is in the ascendant, and gaining ground with each new outrage.
    I don't think it's just intellectual bankruptcy, or idiocy. Though that's bad enough. I have also become convinced as I lived through the Blair years, and neoliberal globalization, that there was some kind of turn in mentality to some death of normal human instincts and debate based on conscience, and a suicidal abandonment of the national interest as some embarrasing belief or obstacle to them.. It truly is a sociopathic mentality that seems to wish to divide and rule and have ordinary people living hellish lives.

All that counts is the global super rich, and everyone else being told whats best for them because of their meglomaniacal schemes. This is all aided by educated 'enlightened' middle class idiots who are often more oblivious than the people who see it more 'coarsely'(often the lower orders) or their puppetmasters, the rich and powerful. But I don't know, some would say it's misguided idealism, I say they are more devious than that.

The people are right to hate their political overlords, western Europe more than anyone. We have to show solidarity, and not tolerate the BS from the media or 'liberal'(though actually they believe in oppression) elites. No more civilizational suicide.

Don't know your view, but to me, that means no stupid, futile wars which will be endless, drain our resources, and cause more terror. It means a proper sense of our national interests and sealing our borders and not succumbing to PC. That doesn't mean we should start being uncivilised or making things worse in the UK, we need to make cohesion as best we can, not to divide.

This is now damage limitation thanks to our idiot politicians. The Blairites and neoliberals are still to this day talking of 'liberal interventions'(God what a joke) and now isolationism is bad. To hear Blair, that quote where he says we can't pull up the drawbridge, we must engage in the world, is just scary in hindsight. And our whole 'progressive' media bought it. It makes us no.1 target. Jesus, will they discover any sense and start dealing with our own crises and ending foreign escapades? I hope so.

What they have done to this jewel of a country....

This bit just says it all....and we are told there are no double standards, there will be equal tolerance for all communities...

Less than one month later, however, two Christian preachers were threatened with arrest for committing a "hate crime" after they handed out gospel leaflets in Alum Rock, a predominantly Muslim area of Birmingham. One of the preachers, Joseph Abraham, said:

"I couldn't believe this was happening in Britain. The Bishop of Rochester was criticized by the Church of England recently when he said there were no-go areas in Britain but he was right; there are certainly no-go areas for Christians who want to share the gospel."

The other preacher, Arthur Cunningham, said:

"He [the police officer] said we were in a Muslim area and were not allowed to spread our Christian message. He said we were committing a hate crime by telling the youths to leave Islam and said that he was going to take us to the police station."

This sums it up. we can see how the state will operate and whose side it is on.

I fully sympathize with your view. A lot of the problem is to do with a the stark difference in culural values. Certain groups don't believe in a tollerant, inclusive society. You can educate them about Western values, regarding women, for example, but will they embrace those values? Tabloid coverage of one or two instances suggests not, but do we have the full picture? For example, what percentage of Syrian refugees as a whole commit these terrible crimes?

Regarding the desire to live Glasgow or Manchester instead, it might actually make sense. If they upset anyone on a Greenock council estate, for example, they'd soon know about it! The incident would *problably be dealt with very swiftly indeed! Joking apart, I expect Glasgow would be better equipped and more experienced in dealing with the sort of antisocial behavior we hear about.
Updated: August 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.