The Student Room Group

Handing in my cv help!

Hello! I have written my cv and have spoken to someone I know who works at the b and m store I'm going to apply for. He said I had to hand in my cv but I'm not sure? As well as this He doesn't acctually know if there are any jobs..Do I ask the manager of they had any jobs and give it in? If yourve done something like this before and are willing to help I would be very greatfull 😬
Things like what do I wear? as its only handing in a cv (but first impressions count) and what do I say? Thanks!
Original post by pepsipal
Hello! I have written my cv and have spoken to someone I know who works at the b and m store I'm going to apply for. He said I had to hand in my cv but I'm not sure? As well as this He doesn't acctually know if there are any jobs..Do I ask the manager of they had any jobs and give it in? If yourve done something like this before and are willing to help I would be very greatfull 😬
Things like what do I wear? as its only handing in a cv (but first impressions count) and what do I say? Thanks!

I would say dress smart casual (no jeans) and stand up straight (no slouching!) because first impressions count obviously and ask confidently (no stutter) whether or not if they have any vacancies available?
Reply 2
Original post by Boreism
I would say dress smart casual (no jeans) and stand up straight (no slouching!) because first impressions count obviously and ask confidently (no stutter) whether or not if they have any vacancies available?

Thank you! Glad to hear someone wants to help :smile: I should be going in the next few hours so well fivers crossed!
Who do you hand the cv to? I'm going to apply for a job and on the website it says to hand in your cv in store. Do I hand it to someone at the cash register??:s-smilie:
You just go into the store to the till and be like "Hi there, I'd like to see if there are any vacancies available" and they will most likely be like "Hold on, let me just get the manager" and you speak to them, and they will ask your CV or if the manager is not available then you pass your CV onto the person at the till. There's not much else to it. If there is a vacancy available they may likely give you an application form but if not they may just keep it for future vacancies.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
You just go into the store to the till and be like "Hi there, I'd like to see if there are any vacancies available" and they will most likely be like "Hold on, let me just get the manager" and you speak to them, and they will ask your CV or if the manager is not available then you pass your CV onto the person at the till. There's not much else to it. If there is a vacancy available they may likely give you an application form but if not they may just keep it for future vacancies.

:ditto: This was exactly how I got my first part time job! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending