Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

CIE IGCSE English Language Reading Paper Mark Scheme Question.

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

I sat the English Language CIE IGCSE Reading Paper in May. For the letter to the friend in the Reading Paper, I think I did well overall but I think my last paragraph was really bad. Past mark schemes tell me that the last bullet point is very subjective and involves a lot of imagination but there is usually a trend in answers from candidates. I put different answers to all of my friends, and I am pretty sure mine is wrong. However, I think all my other content was excellent. If all my other content was excellent but my last paragraph was not good, what mark could I get for Content, judging FROM THE MARK SCHEME I HAVE ATTACHED? Note that I gave all 3 bullet points equal focus but my last bullet point was just not well thought out.
    Also, would I lose a mark for signing off a letter to a friend with "Yours sincerely" rather than something like "See you soon", considering the person you are writing to is a friend.
    I know it is hard to tell what marks I would lose, and where, but I am really worrying about this, so anyone who can give me some useful information, I would be really grateful to! Please help me! I know there is nothing I can do now, but can someone please help?
    Attached Images
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2016
TSR Support Team
What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.