The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
young_free
And what's it like? friendly? good equipment?

Yeah it has a gym/sports centre. I didn't go into it to look around (Im not a gym kinda person!) but it looked good from the outside. Nottingham also has a massive swimming pool
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
young_free
And what's it like? friendly? good equipment?

yep its nice in there, about 20 running machines, 7 rowing machines, 20ish bikes and then some random weights, downstairs is also a proper weights room but its always full of big scary men to i avoid it. theres a sauna in the womans changing room so i assume theres one in the mens and like playing the foo fighters at about 3 in the afternoon so its all good :smile:
Reply 3
What I remember of the pool at Nottingham Uni was that it seemed relatively small (about 20 x 25m). But it has an adjustable bottom and it must be perfect for water polo.
Reply 4
how much is the membership?
Reply 5
Sports facilities are quite pricey - have a look on the Notts website. www.nottingham.ac.uk Prices will be on there somewhere
The gym facilities at Nottingham sure sound fantastic.But I got a question, is the gym always very crowded? My old school had a nice gym with adequate facilities, but it is always so packed. Everytime when I visit the gym,I had to queue up to use the machines and the free weights! So in the end, I gave up and bought a cheap second hand dumb-bell and trained at home.
Reply 7
It depends when you go - Peak times can be fairly busy (and also more expensive than during the day - annoying when you're a medic and this is the only time you can go!!!), but I've never really had a problem using the equipment I've wanted to. It's very very quiet at the moment :smile: At least my lack of hols therefore has some advantages!

Latest

Trending

Trending