The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Is anyone else experiencing a delay hearing back about Post Graduate applications?

Hello All,

I am starting to get a bit concerned about my application to study at UClan as a Post Graduate.

I submitted my application 3 weeks ago and have still heard nothing back.

I have applied for a September start and of course I still need to apply for my Student Finance. I haven't started my Student Finance application yet because I am waiting for my application to be accepted/rejected, however this can take up to 6 weeks for them to process.

I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing delays?

Thanks,

Unitedeurope22.
Email them and ask when they expect to send out decisions. Postgrad applications can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by alleycat393
Email them and ask when they expect to send out decisions. Postgrad applications can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks.

Thanks allycat,I've phoned them a few times as well as emailed them and all they are telling me is that they will get back as soon as possible. I don't want to keep pestering them as I am sure they are busy but really need to know either way!Thanks
If they're asking you to wait then that's what you need to do. They are aware of deadlines and other stuff that needs submitting and will help you with it if needed.
Reply 4
when i was applying i read that you don't need to have acceptance before applying for student finance for post grad. It said you should apply asp so there are no payment delays.
Reply 5
Hey i read that you don't have to wait for an acceptance before applying for student finance it might be best to apply asp and Uclan admin team where pretty quick in emailing me back when i needed help.
Original post by vicky133
Hey i read that you don't have to wait for an acceptance before applying for student finance it might be best to apply asp and Uclan admin team where pretty quick in emailing me back when i needed help.

Hi Vicky, thanks for the info. I actually bit the bullet last week and applied to Student Finance. I've also applied to another Uni as well just in case I don't get in to UClan :smile:
Original post by alleycat393
If they're asking you to wait then that's what you need to do. They are aware of deadlines and other stuff that needs submitting and will help you with it if needed.

Hi Allycat,

Apologies for late reply.

With all due respect there should be a lot more communication than is currently being provided, Do they think that every applicant have the resources to sit at home waiting to hear back at the last minute?

What about people that work full time that need to give notice to their employer?

What if they don't come back until the week before the course start date and student finance don't have sufficient time to process the application in time for that start date?

For students that can not afford to pay the four figure sum upfront, this is not fair on the individual.

I just think that at the very minimum giving the student an indication on when a decision will be made is not too much to ask for, especially considering the above.
(edited 7 years ago)
Unfortunately that's just how the system works. It's the same for every student and you won't be the first or last to go through the process. Academics are busy people and like most people may also be on holiday at this time of the year. Good luck with your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I applied for an MSc from graduating this year, also at UCLan.

I've only just heard back and had an acceptance email within the past fortnight and also only just been allowed to enrol. Having spoken to admissions, undergraduates are very much the priority at the moment unfortunately, due to such high intake, however, they are aiming to get through the Post Graduates as soon as possible. I would imagine that alumni are dealt with first as the applications were relatively simple and no evidence ect was required, then further applicants processed. They're usually pretty good for responses once emails/ calls are made and it'll be passed on the right person to deal with and respond. I expect you'll be hearing back very shortly.

If you're still having concerns and admissions/ info teams haven't responded, I'm sure an email to the course leader/ tutor (which will be listed on the UCLan course page) will help clear anything up, they'll also ensure you of course dates for starting ect. However, a note of caution on that as timetables, as far as I'm aware, do not go live until later this month so there's a strong possibility that your course leader along with any other, does not know dates as a firm but will know them as rough guides. (12th September is showing as week 1 on my timetable but like previous years, teaching will probably commence on the 19th) :smile:
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the reassurance!

Still no word back :/ I am going to wait until the end of the week and then send them another email.

I find it bizarre, that with the start date in approx 5 weeks, I've still not heard anything - however there's not a lot I can do about this.

Thanks Again,

:smile:

Original post by Rebecca Jayne
I applied for an MSc from graduating this year, also at UCLan.

I've only just heard back and had an acceptance email within the past fortnight and also only just been allowed to enrol. Having spoken to admissions, undergraduates are very much the priority at the moment unfortunately, due to such high intake, however, they are aiming to get through the Post Graduates as soon as possible. I would imagine that alumni are dealt with first as the applications were relatively simple and no evidence ect was required, then further applicants processed. They're usually pretty good for responses once emails/ calls are made and it'll be passed on the right person to deal with and respond. I expect you'll be hearing back very shortly.

If you're still having concerns and admissions/ info teams haven't responded, I'm sure an email to the course leader/ tutor (which will be listed on the UCLan course page) will help clear anything up, they'll also ensure you of course dates for starting ect. However, a note of caution on that as timetables, as far as I'm aware, do not go live until later this month so there's a strong possibility that your course leader along with any other, does not know dates as a firm but will know them as rough guides. (12th September is showing as week 1 on my timetable but like previous years, teaching will probably commence on the 19th) :smile:
Hey, are you guys still awaiting a decision? I currently still am, which is quite problematic as I'm trying to get into University halls as well, but can't do so. Was wondering if those previously experiencing delays still were.

Edit: Also does anyone know what the "application preference" part of the online application means?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending