Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Loud neighbours

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Im not sure if this is one for sexual health but for obvious reasons i am posting this anon.

    So, i live in student living apartments, and i have this really loud couple who lives above me, lately in the early hours of the morning they seem to be moving furniture and having sex. The final straw for me this morning when i went out and came back to my apartment they were having sex on their balcony.

    I genuinely dont know how to ask this couple to just take it down a notch so i can get some sleep and dont feel as though i am apart of their sex life.

    Much easeir if its uni accommodation.
    If its privately owned look at your tenancy, theirs should be the same and see what resutictions there are on noice. Slip a note under their door saying they are excessively noisy and would they mind keeping it down or laterntaively contact the LL or the Uni.
    Keep a diary of incidents. There should be a warden who cna go and have a word with them.

    From what i have been told it can be seen as anti social behavior and i have been told about people prosecuted for it.

    There's a special department in every city council to deal with anti social issues like these. Contact them to register your complaint. They'll send you a form which is a little bit of a diary where you'll have to record their nuisance events with date and time. Then you send the form back and they'll assign your case to a team. Takes some time but the outcome is worth it.

    Happened to me once with a neighbour who used to play loud music. My polite (anonymous) notes didn't fix the issue so I went the above route. Fortunately my case got given to a very good officer who visited the building (in uniform) and caught the guy red handed playing loud music (excellent timing) around lunch time. Handed him an official warning and told him that he'll only come one more time if he doesn't stop - to confiscate his equipment. But luckily he never had to visit again cuz my neighbour stopped. And he never found out who did it
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.