The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Cooking equipment

Hello,

Would anyone recommend bringing your own cooking equipment?
Depends what you had in mind and what your accommodation is. If its self catering then obviously yes.
If the kitchen has cooking facilities, then yes.

Its unlikely to be provided for you, but you cna check.

If its self catering a microwave is handy as is a wok and if you wnat to get posh, then your own fridge or freezer.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by MarlonField
Hello,

Would anyone recommend bringing your own cooking equipment?

Hi!

If you're self-catered then you'll definitely want to bring some cooking equipment. I don't think any of the accommodation on campus provides you with it.

If you have breakfast & dinner included in catered accommodation then you probably won't need any, but I'd recommend some plates and cutlery etc in case you want a snack or you miss your meal times for whatever reason.

The other answer said bring your own fridge/freezer, but to have one in your room is actually against university policy and personally I don't think you'll need one (unless for medical reasons and then you can request one). There was more than enough room for us all and any problems e.g. someone using a lot of room were easily resolved by talking. Also, microwaves are provided everywhere (I think), so you won't need to bring one of your own. Though some flats don't get a toaster, but you can just chip in with everyone and get a cheap one if you want to.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by English-Student
Hi!

If you're self-catered then you'll definitely want to bring some cooking equipment. I don't think any of the accommodation on campus provides you with it.

If you have breakfast & dinner included in catered accommodation then you probably won't need any, but I'd recommend some plates and cutlery etc in case you want a snack or you miss your meal times for whatever reason.

The other answer said bring your own fridge/freezer, but to have one in your room is actually against university policy and personally I don't think you'll need one (unless for medical reasons and then you can request one). There was more than enough room for us all and any problems e.g. someone using a lot of room were easily resolved by talking. Also, microwaves are provided everywhere (I think), so you won't need to bring one of your own. Though some flats don't get a toaster, but you can just chip in with everyone and get a cheap one if you want to.

It all depends what sort of accommodation and whether its private or not, hence he should check whats available. If ones already there, then all well and good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending