The Student Room Group

Need help asap about my course

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sally126262
How do you no that even if I got that certificate it means I can't carry on with that course if I have emailed them about a resit? I haven't heard anything from student fiance yet at all, just had that from the university

If the uni asks you to withdraw, you can't return. Also when you get a CertHE that's usually means you're finished with the course at that institution. I left my previous institution for other reasons, not withdrawn , but after they gave me my certificate I couldn't go back **

Also If you have compelling reasons, you can talk to student finance about *extra funding
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
I don't understand much of this? So if I applied for another course at the same uni it isn't funded? Although I only did unifor 2 years so should have one more year?

Also although I have that certificate is there no way at all I could go back
Reply 22
How do you no that even if I got that certificate it means I can't carry on with that course

Because you only get a CertHE if you leave a degree course after successfully completing your first year. If you were going to carry on, your uni would not have given you a CertHE.*

if I have emailed them about a resit?

Sorry, but your email is irrelevant. This situation is not negotiable - the uni has effectively thrown you out. Nothing depends on your email. What has happened will stand, regardless of what you now say, ask for or want.

I haven't heard anything from student fiance yet at all, just had that from the university

You won't hear anything from SF until your uni tells them that they have withdrawn you. SF will then be in touch to confirm that you have entered your repayment terms and conditions.

You really need to accept that your time at this uni has ended. Try to take a breather for a couple of days.
Reply 23
Original post by Klix88
Because you only get a CertHE if you leave a degree course after successfully completing your first year. If you were going to carry on, your uni would not have given you a CertHE.*

Sorry, but your email is irrelevant. This situation is not negotiable - the uni has effectively thrown you out. Nothing depends on your email. What has happened will stand, regardless of what you now say, ask for or want.

You won't hear anything from SF until your uni tells them that they have withdrawn you. SF will then be in touch to confirm that you have entered your repayment terms and conditions.

You really need to accept that your time at this uni has ended. Try to take a breather for a couple of days.

I received my certificate though After my teacher told me she would get in touch with my department and I had to send an email regarding why I want to resit the year. And I can't now hear from
Her again until August the 15th
Reply 24
I don't understand much of this? So if I applied for another course at the same uni it isn't funded?

If you start a new degree from scratch, the second and third years will be funded. The first year will not.*

Although I only did unifor 2 years so should have one more year?

You do not have one more year at uni, as your uni will not let you go back. You either have to try and start a similar degree from the second year, or another degree from scratch. Either way, you cannot do that at your original uni.

Also although I have that certificate is there no way at all I could go back

No there isn't. Really, absolutely not.
Reply 25
Why can't I do a similar degree and go into second year at the same uni?
Reply 26
I received my certificate though After my teacher told me she would get in touch with my department and I had to send an email regarding why I want to resit the year. And I can't now hear from
Her again until August the 15th

Either your lecturer was too late to influence the process, or what she told the Exam Board/department etc, carried no weight.

The CertHE draws a line under your time at this uni.*
Reply 27
Why can't I do a similar degree and go into second year at the same uni?

A uni which throws you out after multiple failures, is not going to have you back. You need to be realistic. It's like being sacked from a job for being incompetent, then applying to the same company for a similar job a few weeks later. It's just not going to happen.
Reply 28
OP, unfortunately I don't think your uni will let you back. Especially since the CertHE has been issued.

From all I have read, it sounds like you just want to be at uni for the sake of it. You honestly need to clear your head, take a breather, and consider all possibilities.
In the nicest way possible OP, you say you regularly achieved thirds, and only want to go to uni for your friends and BF, and would do any course.
Even if you had some issues, were these serious enough throughout the whole two years, you should've applied for extenuating circumstances.

Uni is meant to be about getting a great and fulfilling education, not only about the social life. It's no wonder you did poorly if you aren't committed enough to your course that you're willing to do anything to stay there.

I agree with others your responses show perhaps a lack in rationality - perhaps taking a year out to figure out what you actually want to do is best. Could also maybe work to self fund the year you'll need.
Then ring around, get some idea of what unis say is possible with your certificate / uni experience, highlighting your issues.
Forget about the uni, forget about going somewhere only to be with friends. Figure out you.
I'd also like to suggest waiting! It seems you might get another chance if you're still waiting to hear from the subject leader. It is possible you won't get back into the course, but if you start asking them about another course it will show them that this course doesn't really matter to you at all. My best friend had a similar situation last year and she actually got back on the course she wanted to be on. It might feel like ages til the 15th of next month, but it's not worth spoiling the chance that your teacher arranges something for you when she gets back :smile:

Just hang in there and you might get the answer you wanted anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending