The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is awful for genuine syrians etc who are seeking merely a home.
Reply 2
Original post by CorpusLuteum

What about our own people who are being killed nearly on a daily basis now for the sake of these refugees? Refugee intake needs to be completely stopped like it will be soon in the UK.
Original post by zigglr
What about our own people who are being killed nearly on a daily basis now for the sake of these refugees? Refugee intake needs to be completely stopped like it will be soon in the UK.

Y u so defensive like i said NO DIS MUST BE STOPPED NO MAN
dont be derped,
There's a problem, I didnt say there isn't.
I understand the frustration, but looking at that young man's photo, recognising he is no less of a human than us, and then reading some of the DM's comments leaves a bit of a bad taste.

God, Europe is in a bad place.
Thats not the sort of half-noble mafia we know from the movies.....................
Original post by Galaxie501
Thats not the sort of half-noble mafia we know from the movies.....................

Regardless of how accurate it is, the basis of Mafia movies is a bunch of economic migrants going from Italy to America and doing a bunch of violent illegal stuff in their new country.
Original post by Trinculo
Regardless of how accurate it is, the basis of Mafia movies is a bunch of economic migrants going from Italy to America and doing a bunch of violent illegal stuff in their new country.

Yeah, but the Mafia abides by a half-noble code of rules and does not simply go out shooting random people. Unlike the actual reallife mafia.
Reply 8
When the government creates new policy directions, regardless of their noble intentions, which most citizens reject, they express this disapproval often through violent and provocative ways. What a shocker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I knew this would start to happen.
If legitimate governments have their hands tied by laws and regulations... then people might turn to less legitimate organizations to get what they want. When the US tried Prohibition, everyone still wanted alcohol. So they turned to Mafia-like organizations and it legitimized criminal enterprise to the point that they had to repeal the amendment in order to get people to respect and obey laws again.

Hopefully Europeans don't want this as badly as Americans wanted alcohol during prohibition. Or rather, if they do, hopefully governments won't let things get quite so out of hand due to refusal to change laws and policies that are unpopular.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CorpusLuteum

If only someone, ANYONE could have warned us what lay ahead
Considering how bad Sicily and Lake Como has turned out to be, I don't blame them.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
If only someone, ANYONE could have warned us what lay ahead

Said everyone ever.
Original post by Galaxie501
Yeah, but the Mafia abides by a half-noble code of rules and does not simply go out shooting random people. Unlike the actual reallife mafia.

Well, the codex of the Cosa Nostra is internal - they made it up for themselves and its for them to abide by, quite regardless of the legal system of wherever they happen to be.

In that sense, one might suggest it's a direct analogue to the criminal Muslim migrants, or even terrorists. They have their own ruleset and live by it, regardless of what anyone else wants; so even the most glamorized version of the Mafia demonstrates the same general principles of behaviour as an imported trouble-maker.
Well, I can cross out ever visiting Italy then
Oh dear :/ This is literally the last thing we need right now
How do they tell between Italian Muslims (I.e. actual, legal migrants) and refugees then?
Original post by Lord Samosa
Well, I can cross out ever visiting Italy then

But Italy is a beautiful country :cry2::cry2::cry2:
I don't see what the big deal is. These gangsters have been going around doing crimes forever, and no doubt fighting with other gangs. I'm sure bystanders get killed all the time by gangsters for no reason.

Quick Reply

Latest