Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Accommodation visits?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I was wondering whether it would be possible to book an accommodation visit this late in the year, only i didn't get to visit the halls on my open day, and I've been offered a place in Margaret Rule halls! Just have no idea what they're like

You can see photos on the websites of each hall, they're obviously mocked up to look good but still give you a good idea of what the halls look like.

I doubt you'd have much luck booking a place this late and at short notice (since I think you have a finite amount of time to accept your offer). Only way to be really sure is to email accommodation and ask. But be aware they're super busy sorting out accommodation offers and so on. You'd have more luck trying to see if anyone has photos besides what are available on the website.

Congratulations on your place at Portsmouth and accommodation

EDIT: Went looking for the link:

Turns out Margaret Rule are being fully refurbished this summer. So even less likely you'll get a visit in. Not that it matters if it's all being refurbished though. Just don't expect to see anything before you move in. Should be pretty nice though if it's all being redone.

What Acsel said!

Margaret Rule is a smashing hall and it's going to be super-lovely once the refurb is complete )
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.