The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Accommodation deposit

I am from a low income household and I personally don't have a great deal of saving especially with having to buy uni supplies. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the situation of not knowing how to pay the accommodation deposit as well as the cost of living until my maintenance loan comes through on the 12th of september. Is there a way to defer payments until my loan comes through, will i have enough time to open a student account in order to use the overdraft???
Original post by JasonYau0
I am from a low income household and I personally don't have a great deal of saving especially with having to buy uni supplies. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the situation of not knowing how to pay the accommodation deposit as well as the cost of living until my maintenance loan comes through on the 12th of september. Is there a way to defer payments until my loan comes through, will i have enough time to open a student account in order to use the overdraft???

Hi JasonYau0,

First thing to say is you wont be the only one in this position so don't panic.

Unfortunately you will need to pay the reservation fee prior to arrival but the accommodation office can give you an extension to allow you to get a student account. If you email the accommodation office one of my colleagues will be able to help you out. The email address is [email protected]

On a side note... if you are worried about finances we have lots of support at the university. You might want to have a look at our scholarships website. https://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/scholarships/a-z.htm

Hope this has helped,
If you have any other questions just get back in touch :smile:
Cheers,
Keir
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest