The Student Room Group

Collage

I have recently been caught stealing from a grocery store, this was resolved in community resolution and no further police action was required. I do not have a criminal record however if a enhanced CRB check is for filled it will come up. I have applied and been accepted for collage doing health and social care as i wish to be a nurse, if the collage run a enhanced CRB check will they still allow me to do the course and placements or will i be kicked off?
you should check with your college, I'm sure you could ask anonymously over the phone (although it hardly matters to be anonymous as it will come up on youd DBS) I only know of a couple of people kicked of childcare/H+SC for having assaults on their record so I'm not sure whether or not they'd be lenient about shoplifting but I'd imagine they can use their discretion (i.e. decide whether or not they want you since shoplifting doesn't really make you a danger to anyone, just not a good role model or trustworthy) so you should ask the college directly
Reply 2
Original post by doodle_333
you should check with your college, I'm sure you could ask anonymously over the phone (although it hardly matters to be anonymous as it will come up on youd DBS) I only know of a couple of people kicked of childcare/H+SC for having assaults on their record so I'm not sure whether or not they'd be lenient about shoplifting but I'd imagine they can use their discretion (i.e. decide whether or not they want you since shoplifting doesn't really make you a danger to anyone, just not a good role model or trustworthy) so you should ask the college directly

thank you for the reply and advice i will ring the collage up and see what they have to say about it

Quick Reply

Latest