Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student loans for an MSc

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I am looking to complete a MSc in Health Psychology at the University of Ulster. I live in Northern Ireland but have an Irish passport. Student finance England have said they cannot help me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

    Are you a citizen of the Republic of Ireland? Also, wouldn't you contact student finance northern ireland?
    • Thread Starter

    I am a UK citizen with an Irish passport. I have contacted them but they are only introducing a finance scheme for residents of northern ireland in 2017. I thought perhaps there might be a loop hole as technically can't I be classified as an EU citizen with an Irish passport?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.