The Student Room Group

Prized Meat

In the last two months I have received an astonishing number of emails and letters from colleges. Unfortunately, I destroy most of the invitations on sight, but just to give you an idea, here are some of the schools that have solicited me:

Washington University in St. Louis
American University
Trinity University
Washington and Lee University
University of Denver
Loyola University
Emory University
University of Tulsa
Evenson College
Lewis and Clark College
Westminster College
Hollins University
Georgetown University
Colorado College
King’s College
University of the Pacific
Kalamazoo College
Beloit College
University of Rochester
Lafayette College
Kenyon College
Collins College
Rhodes College
Washington State University
Willamette University
St. John’s College
Concordia University
Roanoke College
Rocky Mountain College
College of Santa Fe
Carnegie Mellon University
Dickinson College
Arcadia University
Honolulu University
Hope College
College of the Atlantic
Texas Christian University
Brigham Young University
University of Southern California

... Not even joking. Isn't that ridiculous?

Of course I have no such plans for these institutions.
My current picks are:
-Smolny College in St. Petersburg, Russia
-Anglo-americká vysoká škola in Prague, Czech Republic
-University of Chicago in... Chicago
-Jagiellonian University (Center for European Studies) in Krakow, Poland
-Russian State University for the Humanities in Moscow, Russia
-University of Melbourne in Melbourne, Australia
-Nevsky Institute of Language and Culture in St. Petersburg, Russia

- Aimee Friedland

Scroll to see replies

You realise that absolutely every high school senior in America receives dozens of college "invitations," right?
Yeah, I think Harvard sends out 10 times as many invitations as they get even applicants...and they get 10 times as many applicants as they have people matriculating.
Reply 3
more adventurous
You realise that absolutely every high school senior in America receives dozens of college "invitations," right?

what do you have against me? why can i not reveal in my achievements?
Reply 4
Phoenix Wright
Yeah, I think Harvard sends out 10 times as many invitations as they get even applicants...and they get 10 times as many applicants as they have people matriculating.

I considered applying to Harvard actually, but that was before Russia came to me in a dream..

- aimee friedland
Reply 5
hey, well done :s-smilie:
Reply 6
why do they solicit people? that is pretty odd
aimeefriedland
what do you have against me? why can i not reveal in my achievements?

Because they're not achievements...

Seriously, do you think you're the only one who gets sent advertisements from sub-par universities?
more adventurous
Because they're not achievements...

Seriously, do you think you're the only one who gets sent advertisements from sub-par universities?

You call Emory, Washington St. Louis, Georgetown and Carnegie Mellon sub-par.

I know you may have a lot of achievements, and get all the top-notch universities, but this does not make universities like those sub-par.
Everyone who takes the PSATs and scores over a 1300 (in my day, hah) gets these letters.
I have to say, the fact that this girl is so obsessed with herself that she signed up on TSR just to promote her blog, which is full of self-important and self-deluded ramblings, is more than a little bizarre.
Reply 11
I think the entire post is just slightly odd :confused:
shady lane
I have to say, the fact that this girl is so obsessed with herself that she signed up on TSR just to promote her blog, which is full of self-important and self-deluded ramblings, is more than a little bizarre.

I don't know if that's true and if that's indeed her central motive, but I guess she has her freedom to do what she wants.

Also, I find it odd that both you and more adventurous attacked her so viciously, seeing as both of you are American females. Aren't you are supposed to be supportive?
We're attacking her because we're both American and know that she's full of crap. And why should I be supportive of someone just because we're from the same country? There are way too many Americans for that.
spencer11111
You call Emory, Washington St. Louis, Georgetown and Carnegie Mellon sub-par.

I know you may have a lot of achievements, and get all the top-notch universities, but this does not make universities like those sub-par.

Universities send out prospectuses to everyone who they think might possibly fall into their standard applicant pool. It does not mean she would get accepted to those universities if she applied. It's just targeted advertising. It's no more of an achievement than getting an advertisement for a sofa is an achievement. It has nothing to do with my achievements.

Plus, she's just seems rather messed up in the head, to say the least. In one of her posts here, she says that her parents gave her lots of money, so much that she was able to live "in one of the most expensive cities in the world" comfortably AND travel around Europe. And then on her website, half her blog entries are about how poor she is and how she has only $500 a month to live on. If only she could decide what image of herself she wants to portray... she's either the "spoiled rich kid" or the "penniless college student" depending on her mood. FFS.
Reply 15
aimeefriedland
In the last two months I have received an astonishing number of emails and letters from colleges. Unfortunately, I destroy most of the invitations on sight, but just to give you an idea, here are some of the schools that have solicited me:

Washington University in St. Louis
American University
Trinity University
Washington and Lee University
University of Denver
Loyola University
Emory University
University of Tulsa
Evenson College
Lewis and Clark College
Westminster College
Hollins University
Georgetown University
Colorado College
King’s College
University of the Pacific
Kalamazoo College
Beloit College
University of Rochester
Lafayette College
Kenyon College
Collins College
Rhodes College
Washington State University
Willamette University
St. John’s College
Concordia University
Roanoke College
Rocky Mountain College
College of Santa Fe
Carnegie Mellon University
Dickinson College
Arcadia University
Honolulu University
Hope College
College of the Atlantic
Texas Christian University
Brigham Young University
University of Southern California

... Not even joking. Isn't that ridiculous?

Of course I have no such plans for these institutions.
My current picks are:
-Smolny College in St. Petersburg, Russia
-Anglo-americká vysoká škola in Prague, Czech Republic
-University of Chicago in... Chicago
-Jagiellonian University (Center for European Studies) in Krakow, Poland
-Russian State University for the Humanities in Moscow, Russia
-University of Melbourne in Melbourne, Australia
-Nevsky Institute of Language and Culture in St. Petersburg, Russia

- Aimee Friedland

Ok, you are one strange woman
more adventurous
Universities send out prospectuses to everyone who they think might possibly fall into their standard applicant pool. It does not mean she would get accepted to those universities if she applied. It's just targeted advertising. It's no more of an achievement than getting an advertisement for a sofa is an achievement. It has nothing to do with my achievements.

Plus, she's just seems rather messed up in the head, to say the least. In one of her posts here, she says that her parents gave her lots of money, so much that she was able to live "in one of the most expensive cities in the world" comfortably AND travel around Europe. And then on her website, half her blog entries are about how poor she is and how she has only $500 a month to live on. If only she could decide what image of herself she wants to portray... she's either the "spoiled rich kid" or the "penniless college student" depending on her mood. FFS.

Sufficient cash to actually start travel and start living in one of the most exp. cities. But in the long term, savings are necessary. How about that?
Huh?

Read what I wrote again.
Reply 18
Lol this thread is rather hilarious.
Either the OP is just full of herself, or maybe she suffers from autism as she clearly has not discovered how obnoxious this post is.
when I read the first post I thought I must be missing something and that there was a page before this, then I was just like, rofl.

Latest

Trending

Trending