The Student Room Group

is it possible for me...

to get into a good arts post-grad degree in Manchester if I am coming from a community college in the states, (hopefully transferring to a state school after 1 year..) by good I mean academically prestigious. thank you

to get into a good arts post-grad degree in Cambridge if I am coming from a community college in the states, (hopefully transferring to a state school after 1 year..) by good I mean academically prestigious. thank you
Reply 1
I am as of yet undecided on what my major will be, certainly something in the humanities/arts subject areas. I am also taking a strong interest in international relations, slavic studies, and whatnot. I am considering applying to either Oxford or Cambridge when I graduate.
Reply 2
Your school's reputation isn't the only thing that matters but it sounds like you are from a good one so you should be fine from that angle. Provided you pass all your exams and have a lot of money so you can pay all your fees then I don't see why you can't get in. You should totally apply! And I think international students are quite valued (I don't know exactly why but that's what my geography teacher said once) So you have a lot going for you.
Reply 3
Snarf
And I think international students are quite valued (I don't know exactly why but that's what my geography teacher said once)

Higher fees?
To the OP:

It is very possible. The only advice that can really help you is to tell you that you should just apply, and focus on submitting (to Oxbridge) a VERY strong application. That's it.
Reply 5
why the warning?
Reply 6
The Boosh
why the warning?

I think it may have been for posting this across several forums. Not entirely sure, though...
Reply 7
lol ah, ok thanks
She seems to be a troll. She has a blog, and the posts she's making are entries that she wrote over 2 years ago.
Reply 9
^ ok. what a muppet.
Bless her, she seems troubled.
I think she is genuine. Good looking girl too.
Reply 12
That justifies everything, obviously...:rolleyes:
Reply 13
Well she is a cracker...

Latest

Trending

Trending