The Student Room Group

should i continue the conversation or leave it?

I messaged a girl i like on fb messenger yesterday night and we both sent 4 messages with her sending the last one. After she sent the last message I wasn't (still am not) sure whether i should continue the convo.

I admit it wasn't the best of conversations we have had and me taking my time to respond didn't really help either because she was replying fast to messages. Eventually it got to a time where i realised she was gonna go to bed (she had work in the morning) so i didnt try and continue the conversation.

We've had good conversations in the past where we both got to know each other better.
Should i wait and message her after a few days/week or try and continue?

thanks.
Ummm...before suggestions start streaming in, given recent revelations of the diversity of forum users' sexual orientations, and to avoid a repeat of several embarrassing (and often hilarious) misunderstandings witnessed in other threads, perhaps it is best to first let us know whether you're a dude or a girl
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey Anon.
I think that you should have continued the conversation, don't make her choices for her!
If she is genuinely getting into the conversation, and then notices that she has to go, then she'll tell you
If you make the decision for her, it'll come across to her that you don't want to talk
Of course you were being considerate, but I think you should message her about an hour or so after work
Just to make sure that she has some time to cool off after her shift.

Hope I helped, let me know if you need any other help :smile:

Big A.

EDIT: And just to prevent gender issues, vice versa, don't make choices for him also! :P
Do what you feel is right.
Reply 4
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
Ummm...before suggestions start streaming in, given recent revelations of the diversity of forum users' sexual orientations, and to avoid a repeat of several embarrassing (and often hilarious) misunderstandings witnessed in other threads, perhaps it is best to first let us know whether you're a dude or a girl

sorry, im a male
Reply 5
Original post by theonecenter
Hey Anon.
I think that you should have continued the conversation, don't make her choices for her!
If she is genuinely getting into the conversation, and then notices that she has to go, then she'll tell you
If you make the decision for her, it'll come across to her that you don't want to talk
Of course you were being considerate, but I think you should message her about an hour or so after work
Just to make sure that she has some time to cool off after her shift.

Hope I helped, let me know if you need any other help :smile:

Big A.

EDIT: And just to prevent gender issues, vice versa, don't make choices for him also! :P

Sometimes I find it hard to think of a topic that would be good to talk about for both of us?

I feel disappointed at myself for not being able to reply quickly which resulted in a short convo yday.
Original post by Anonymous
Sometimes I find it hard to think of a topic that would be good to talk about for both of us?

I feel disappointed at myself for not being able to reply quickly which resulted in a short convo yday.

Don't be disappointed in yourself because conversation isn't easy. You need to find something that is a mutual interest between the two of you, not something that's just one sided if you get me?
Reply 7
if your bored then you might as well continue the convo ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending