The Student Room Group

Summer Revision

Hi guys,hope your having a good summer! I just wanted to ask would it be worth doing some summer revision before I start year 11 and how long I should revise each day? E.g revise all of unit 1&2s bio chem and physics and some maths revision too before septemebr. Or should I just relax and stay fresh for year 11 and begin revising then? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Original post by lolol9
Hi guys,hope your having a good summer! I just wanted to ask would it be worth doing some summer revision before I start year 11 and how long I should revise each day? E.g revise all of unit 1&2s bio chem and physics and some maths revision too before septemebr. Or should I just relax and stay fresh for year 11 and begin revising then? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Hi if I were you I would just enjoy the summer before you start yr 11. You need to feel fresh when you start school again because you need to be motivated and able to work hard. In september, focus on your coursework and try and get top marks, it will really help you already having a good grade before the exam. If you want you can start making light revision notes in september- only about 30 mins per day. This will help you to revisit things quickly and efficently. You should only start intense revision before easter- so around march/april. Also, I cannot stress this enough but around april make sure you do loads of past papers! Best of luck for your exams!:smile:

Feel free to ask me for any help as I did my GCSE'S this year!:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by sunshine774
Hi if I were you I would just enjoy the summer before you start yr 11. You need to feel fresh when you start school again because you need to be motivated and able to work hard. In september, focus on your coursework and try and get top marks, it will really help you already having a good grade before the exam. If you want you can start making light revision notes in september- only about 30 mins per day. This will help you to revisit things quickly and efficently. You should only start intense revision before easter- so around march/april. Also, I cannot stress this enough but around april make sure you do loads of past papers! Best of luck for your exams!:smile:

Feel free to ask me for any help as I did my GCSE'S this year!:biggrin:

Hey, thank you for your advice it really helped and i greatly appreciate it too! I hope your gcse results went well but i just wanted to ask did you do any revision in the summer before yr11?

Quick Reply

Latest