The Student Room Group

Gotta love how Muslim guys think though.

I was sitting with a group of guys, they were talking about girls and dating....

Muslim guy was like " why be with a girl if you don't plan on marrying her" which is so true! I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Why get into a relationship if you don't see a future with them?

Scroll to see replies

I agree with what he said. But I think that's how most decent guys with maturity would think.

Although it's understandable why Muslim men would be more likely to think like that, with dating and sex before marriage looked down upon in the religion.
Reply 2
I don't know, fun, perhaps...but religions seem to be generally against that
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I don't know, fun, perhaps...but religions seem to be generally against that

Original post by Lord Samosa
I agree with what he said. But I think that's how most decent guys with maturity would think.

Although it's understandable why Muslim men would be more likely to think like that, with dating and sex before marriage looked down upon in the religion.

He's not even hardcore Muslim he was there drinking beer but you can tell he still has some good morals and ways of thinking. Pretty refreshing to hear that after all the crap I had to listen to, you could probably imagine.
Reply 4
Original post by xobeauty
I was sitting with a group of guys, they were talking about girls and dating....

Muslim guy was like " why be with a girl if you don't plan on marrying her" which is so true! I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Because you have to try
I would rather go out with someone then decide if I want to marry them
(edited 7 years ago)
lol. You can still talk to them, you don't necessarily have to date someone.
Original post by Raizelcadres
lol. You can still talk to them, you don't necessarily have to date someone.

I agree with this statement. You can talk to them over the phone, text them, and as long as the family are aware that they intend to get married/like each other etc then the boy may come over to the girls house or the girl can go to the boys house under parents supervision. They can meet up and talk that way, get to know each other like that without "dating" or having an intimate relationship. I personally think it's better this way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
I would rather go out with someone then decide if I want to marry them

And that's the problem you can get to know someone without labelling your bf gf. You have to get to know someone really well before you jump into a relationship.
And that's the problem you can get to know someone without labelling your bf gf. You have to get to know someone really well before you jump into a relationship.

Exactly my point. Totally agree with this.

This is how I think it should go

Know someone> Friends > Good friends > Best friends > Gf/Bf > Live together >Marriage
How is that cute? A relationship is part of getting to know the other person, it's not something which has to be completely Black or White.

That is why there is dating.

I tend to stay away from relationship mainly because its haram and theres reasons for it. If you have a relationship with someone and you break up, one of you might possibly end up being heartbroken and possibly have trust issues. I can understand you want to be really sure before you marry someone, thats completely fine but you don't have to date the person. Just talk to them by hanging out or going for lunch. :biggrin:
Original post by Raizelcadres
I tend to stay away from relationship mainly because its haram and theres reasons for it. If you have a relationship with someone and you break up, one of you might possibly end up being heartbroken and possibly have trust issues. I can understand you want to be really sure before you marry someone, thats completely fine but you don't have to date the person. Just talk to them by hanging out or going for lunch. :biggrin:

Just curious, why is it 'haram' to be in a relationship? I'm not religious so would like to understand why.
Because b*nging only one person your entire life would be boring af
Original post by mrhedgehog
That is why there is dating.

Yeah point was there's guys jumping into relationships for the sake of it. Feel me?
Yeah point was there's guys jumping into relationships for the sake of it. Feel me?

And girls jumping into relationships equally - for the sake of it.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
How is that cute? A relationship is part of getting to know the other person, it's not something which has to be completely Black or White.

You should already know the person before getting into a relationship.
Original post by mrhedgehog
Just curious, why is it 'haram' to be in a relationship? I'm not religious so would like to understand why.

Oh, I think its for the reason I gave. To not be heartbroken and when you're dating someone there's a possibility of sex. I think there's another reason for it but I lack the knowledge. Hope that helps :biggrin:

Quick Reply