The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adam020
I got moorfields eye hospital!

Hey! I got Moorfields too! Where are you from?
Reply 1001
Hi Guys ! Did anyone do a summer placement with The Hillingdon Hospital ? I have a offer from them and another hospital under the South East region, so trying to decide between the two. Please help !
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PM1993
Hi Guys ! Did anyone do a summer placement with The Hillingdon Hospital ? I have a offer from them and another hospital under the South East region, so trying to decide between the two. Please help !

Go with the one where you'd want to work in.
Original post by PM1993

Depends on where you want to go.*
Reply 1004
Anyone found out their scores for TLC reserves?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1005
If I received an offer from a TLC hospital yesterday at around 11am but am on the reserve list for another hospital which I prefer, what's the best course of action? I understand that responses need to be given within 72 hours and on the TLC offer I only have the option of accepting or rejecting so am so confused on whether to quickly accept before the 72 hours is up or to keep waiting for the other hospital 😩
Original post by Meee.
If I received an offer from a TLC hospital yesterday at around 11am but am on the reserve list for another hospital which I prefer, what's the best course of action? I understand that responses need to be given within 72 hours and on the TLC offer I only have the option of accepting or rejecting so am so confused on whether to quickly accept before the 72 hours is up or to keep waiting for the other hospital 😩

If you receive confirmed offers from other hospitals you must respond to these offers by 07 October. We recommend that you consider accepting a confirmed offer so that you secure a pre-registration training placement rather than waiting to see if this hospital or regional panel can offer you a place. You may wish to discuss this with the hospitals involved before making your final decision.
Original post by Meee.

You may as well wait until just before the final deadline to accept - there's no harm in waiting and it means you still may have a shot at getting your top choice.
Original post by PM1993

Hi I had offers from my top choices in south east and TLC- Hillingdon and Worthing. Decided on Worthing over Hillingdon because it offered better training. Hillingdon is undergoing a massive refurb at the moment of the pharmacy dept so it'll be brand new in time for your pre reg if you go there. I visited the hospital, the pre reg leader is lovely and some wards are amazing. They are the main hospital for anything from Heathrow somexpect to see drug smugglers and weird tropical diseases.

Where's your south east offer?
How did everyone do in terms of ranking for either TLC or KSS?
Way down the rankings, I thought my interview went pretty well personally! But obviously not ):
Original post by PharmPharm9

12 for KSS and 21 for TLC, both offered my first choice.

Also had an offer from West Herts Hospitals but got rejected after interview from TV
Reply 1012
Hey guys, regarding the ranking we just got emailed out of 455 applicants, does that include KSS, TLC and thames valley?
Original post by nabeel1231
Way down the rankings, I thought my interview went pretty well personally! But obviously not ):

How down is down though?

33 people ahead of me :/How about you
Original post by mw0211
Hey guys, regarding the ranking we just got emailed out of 455 applicants, does that include KSS, TLC and thames valley?

No, KSS had 225 and TLC Had 455. Thames valley had about 90 at stage 2.

The 455 includes dual applicants for KSS and TLC
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mw0211

no 455 is TLC
Original post by Farmacee
33 people ahead of me :/How about you

Roughly 50 people ahead of me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
No chance to get an offer now.
Roughly 50 people ahead of me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
No chance to get an offer now.

So the reserve list is quite long then... I just hope people respond quickly lol
Reply 1019
Original post by Farmacee
So the reserve list is quite long then... I just hope people respond quickly lol

I have >100 people before me..............................................................

Quick Reply

Latest