The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

I wonder why they put so many people on reserve then :angry:
Original post by neldee95
I wonder why they put so many people on reserve then :angry:

maybe 114 spare in case all the people didn't like their offer.
Original post by Farmacee
How down is down though?

Like 150 down lol. All hopes on community now /:
Original post by PharmPharm9
How did everyone do in terms of ranking for either TLC or KSS?

Ranked 70 for TLC. Got offered Moorfields but gonna reject it because North Middlesex just offered me a place today 🙌🏾🙌🏾
Reply 1024
Anyone accepted an offer from BSUH?
Ranked 6/225 for South East and 7/455 for TLC, got my first choice at both (Guy's and St Thomas' for TLC and Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals for South East and accepted my TLC offer).
Reply 1026
Original post by thegodofgod
Ranked 6/225 for South East and 7/455 for TLC, got my first choice at both (Guy's and St Thomas' for TLC and Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals for South East and accepted my TLC offer).

wow! amazing, well done!
Amazing! You gotta give us tips lol
Original post by nabeel1231
Amazing! You gotta give us tips lol

If you're going into round 2, prepare well for the clinical questions in stage 1 - that's what's going to differentiate you between everybody else because everyone will pretty much give the same answers for the interview questions in stage 2.
Reply 1029
If you're going into round 2, prepare well for the clinical questions in stage 1 - that's what's going to differentiate you between everybody else because everyone will pretty much give the same answers for the interview questions in stage 2.

There isn't round 2 for TLC though, that's what I was told at the open day, so there is no stages... just straight up interviews
Original post by mw0211
There isn't round 2 for TLC though, that's what I was told at the open day, so there is no stages... just straight up interviews

In that case, just prepare well for the standard interview questions that you might expect at any other job interview, but don't sound too rehearsed as that will put the interviewers off.
I failed 1st Round Pharamlife, looking forward to 2nd Round...

Just want to ask, how many hospitals was open for 2nd round last year?
Has anyone got the Guys and St Thomas' split placement CCG?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PharmPharm9
How did everyone do in terms of ranking for either TLC or KSS?

Somehow managed 7th in SE and 8th in London Collab. Offered BSUH but accepted Guys and St Thomas. Any other Guys and St Thomas people I'm not already aware of let me know!!
Original post by Pharmasaz
Somehow managed 7th in SE and 8th in London Collab. Offered BSUH but accepted Guys and St Thomas. Any other Guys and St Thomas people I'm not already aware of let me know!!

WELL DONE GIRL!! You deserve it <3
Anyone got a place at Wrexham for the integrated placement?
Anyone know if hospitals ask for a specific grade or just ask for you to pass with a second class degree?
Original post by Adam020
Anyone know if hospitals ask for a specific grade or just ask for you to pass with a second class degree?

I think they just ask you to pass as far as I know.
I think they just ask you to pass as far as I know.
how important is the grade with pharmacy yeh reckon?
Reply 1039
Original post by trustmeimlying1
how important is the grade with pharmacy yeh reckon?

What I've found with pharmacy is the grade doesn't matter ZILCH. HOWEVER, the only way you would be able to exhibit basic clinical knowledge and pharmacy practise is through studying and maintaining good grades throughout the four years. Otherwise, you have no starting point, and it's literally pointless. Hope this answers your question x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending