Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Stirling Accommodation

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I was looking at what accommodation was available to returning undergraduates and noticed that Muirhead House and Polwarth are only available for new undergraduates. Does anyone know if the 'student type' according to accomodation changes yearly? ie Muirhead House might not be available for ret undergraduates one year but might be the next. Or does it stay fixed?

    I'm asking as I wanted to stay in Muirhead for year 2 which would be 2017 but if not possible I had a look at the cheaper accommodations for ret undergraduates and they are much more expensive apart from Alexander Court and the chalets. - it seems as though they( ret undergrads) are penalised unless you wan't to spend even more money which sucks. I wish Polwarth was allocated to new undergrads and Muirhead to returning or vice versa haha.

    Has anyone stayed/staying in Alexander Court or the chalets? how are they? I want to be in a more sociable place as I will have missed out on year 1.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.