The Student Room Group

People Think I'm Autistic or a Sociopath?

Recently, a friend was talking about me and had began discussing how I was most likely a sociopath. Then the other friend soon agreed. And later, the second friend's mom said it was probably actually autism. [I was told of this conversation days later by friend 2]I've been informed that apparently their reasons were that I don't function in romantic, sexual and friendly relationships well, I don't really understand other people's emotions and don't seem to care either way, I obsess over specific things, repeatedly preform actions or say words, dislike specific fabric feelings, my hearing is over sensitive, I have a genius IQ and have depression, seem to always be moving, rocking or fidgeting and can't focus 100% on things.

What do I make of this? Are they right?
Maybe its the depression ... ? You're far from a sociopath.
How the **** is anyone here going to know ?*

All of you said is that you don't function in relationships. That doesn't mean you are autistic *or sociopathic. *

Reply 3
That actually isn't all I said. I just wanted advice, also. No need for a rude response as such.
Go to a doctor.

Seriously, you could have autism, ADD, dyspraxia or a million other things. Get thee to the GP and express your concerns. The rocking and obsessive behaviour are definitely signs a visit to the doctor is in order but honestly your friends should not be spouting random diagnoses at you. I mean talk about rude :frown:
Reply 5
You definitely don't seem like a sociopath. You could be autistic but it could also be lots of other things.

Personally, unless you particularly want help/want to know or you think you might be a danger to yourself or other people then there's not really any reason to ask your GP. You definitely need new friends though..
Reply 6
Some of what you described can be associated with autism but there's no real way to know unless you see a GP and go through the tests. So either forget about it and continue on as you were. Or get an appointment and find out

Quick Reply

Latest