The Student Room Group

Predict grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

OCR CamNat IT [GCSE equiv] - A*: 50 | A: 45 | B: 39 | C: 34

The only exam I took this year, so the only one I can comment on tbh. Quite a few people found it easy, so I'm predicting it a bit higher than previous years, although there was that "spot the things wrong with this email question", which I suppose would have lost people marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by extraordinaire
Yeah, I guess. I made quite a few silly mistakes, mainly in the non-calc.
They have the official mark scheme out?

http://paper-cut.weebly.com/gcse-ms.html
Is 158 likely to be an A for the edexcel maths?
Original post by dannie.12
Is 158 likely to be an A for the edexcel maths?

100% definitely a high A. If the grade boundaries are low, which I doubt, it could even scrape an A*! :smile:
Original post by _gcx
100% definitely a high A. If the grade boundaries are low, which I doubt, it could even scrape an A*! :smile:

OMG I really want an A* I worked really hard like I started revising 10 months before the exam because Im not really good at Maths and I wanted to cover a lot of the content. I really hope the examiners are kind with my marking because I marked really harshly to get 158.
would 174 be a safe a*?
Original post by 2000rules
that makes a lot of sense.:smile:

do you have any idea when the edexcel gcse grade boundaries are going to be published for the students to see?
Reply 28
do you have any idea when the edexcel gcse grade boundaries are going to be published for the students to see?

Day before results. 24 August.
Reply 29
Original post by Sum Ting
would 174 be a safe a*?

I am almost certain, yes. A* will be around the 165-170 mark.
Original post by ad4m
Day before results. 24 August.

thanks again! i just cant wait. will it be on the pearson website itself?
Reply 31
thanks again! i just cant wait. will it be on the pearson website itself?

Yes, usually published at midnight. Or just search GCSE Edexcel Grade Boundaries June 2016 and it'll come up :smile:
Anyone who sat the ocr 21 century science papers, what are your opinions on the grade boundaries?
abc
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ad4m
Yes, usually published at midnight. Or just search GCSE Edexcel Grade Boundaries June 2016 and it'll come up :smile:

oh alrightyy!!
My maths teacher predicted Edexcel Maths will be a really harsh marks scheme (over 170 for A*) as it is the last time this type of paper as next year's year 11's will be graded 0-9 on a different paper with slightly different topics, so this one will be high and next years will be low to show the new ones better.

But I don't know :/
Reply 36
Original post by ExoIceCream99
My maths teacher predicted Edexcel Maths will be a really harsh marks scheme (over 170 for A*) as it is the last time this type of paper as next year's year 11's will be graded 0-9 on a different paper with slightly different topics, so this one will be high and next years will be low to show the new ones better.

But I don't know :/

I don't think that'll be the case. the grading is already seriously harsh (little less than 5% achieving A*). They cannot change grading just because it is the last year of the specification. This would mean that those with the same academic achievement in one year would get a lower/higher grade than a student in another year.
But they can only give a certain amount of A*'s A's etc
Hi everyone. Please help me.

Homework for teacher on EPQ surrounding work experience, please fill in this survey below to aid me with research.

https://goo.gl/forms/W0uZO6JiHe0UfbhC3

Danke x
What do I put I'm east of England???

Quick Reply

Latest