Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

US citizen in india wanted to do 3 year law in UK

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    This forum came in as blessing and disguise. thanks a lot for wealth highly credible information.I am writing this for my daugther. My daughter is a US citizen and we settled in india. she wanted to practise as a Lawyer in US. In india, we have BA+LLB which is a five year degree. TheN cominging to US do a 3 year JD+1 LLM may be a needed l with slim chance of getting a good job in US. Lot has been said of unemployment in US for laywers, expensive JD, and only california and NY alone takes foreign degree holder.Our choice is to do a law degree in UK (3 year or 4 year) and we are not sure which one to take. I had looked at the forums on UCL, durham etc. Option 1: 5 year india + 3 year JD + 1 year LLM (she can skip JD for NY,CALI)Option 2: 3 year law in UK+3 year JD +1 year LLM. does she need 4 year law in UK (16 year eduction reqmt in US)I am assuming she can skip doing JD in US if she takes UK routePlease advise. We do not have any visa issues in US.We are fully confused.thanks a lotsrini
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.