The Student Room Group

Best foundation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Too Faced "Born This Way" is a great foundation and is oil free, satin finish
I really dislike MAC foundations apart from the "Face and Body" because the rest break me out
Estee Lauder "Double Wear" is a great foundation for heavy coverage, matte finish
Kat Von D "Lock It Tattoo" foundation is also a great heavy coverage foundation, satin finish
L'Oreal True Match Lumi is great for everyday wear, medium coverage with a dewy finish
Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting foundation is an amazing extremely dewy foundation if you like that look
Revlon Colourstay is similar to MAC Studio Fix but thankfully it doesn't break you out, matte finish
YSL Touche Eclat Foundation is a lovely, beautiful foundation, light to medium, buildable coverage, dewy finish
Diorskin Star is a lovely foundation as well, medium buildable coverage, matte finish
Diorskin Nude is a very sheer foundation as the name suggests, slightly dewy finish but more on the matte side
All these foundations are ones I would recommend. I'm a freelance makeup artist.

Hey this post is so useful! I was just wondering if you have an opinion on nars sheer glow? Iv used up a bottle but I was gifted another - Ive put it on depop to sell as I want to try something else. I still have YSL touche éclat and mac face and body, however I'm looking for something that will last on the skin the whole day/a night out, thats on the dewy side, with medium coverage. Do you have any recommendations or would u say the sheer glow is my best bet for that criteria?

Also, for everyday wear, do you think loreal lumi is better than bourgeois healthy mix serum? I heard the loreal one doesn't last that long
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Natashadesigner
Hey this post is so useful! I was just wondering if you have an opinion on nars sheer glow? Iv used up a bottle but I was gifted another - Ive put it on depop to sell as I want to try something else. I still have YSL touche éclat and mac face and body, however I'm looking for something that will last on the skin the whole day/a night out, thats on the dewy side, with medium coverage. Do you have any recommendations or would u say the sheer glow is my best bet for that criteria?

Also, for everyday wear, do you think loreal lumi is better than bourgeois healthy mix serum? I heard the loreal one doesn't last that long

Hey hun! Did you know you can make any foundation dewy? I add a few drops of liquid highlighters i.e strobe cream, NYX liquid highlighter, or revlon liquidd highlighter or even Benefit High Beam to a pump of foundation and mix it for a dewy look. I use this method in the double wear foundation by estee lauder which is full coverage and MATTE to make it dewy! If i want a really dewy look i simply add more liquid highlighter to any foundation and its that easy!

However you can try Becca Aqua Luminous Foundation which is medium coverage but buildable! Sheer glow is also dewy but not as dewy as the Becca foundation!

For everyday wear I find that Bourjouis lasts longer than Lumi but Lumi is more natural looking as it fades throughout the day but leaves a lovely sheen on the skin, making your skin look more natural so it depends on your preference!

You can also try MAC Studio Sculpt - another dewy foundation. This one is good if it doesnt break you out!

Also try adding a drop of beauty oil to a pump of foundation for that extra luminous look. Its easy to turn any foundation dewy!

Hope this helps x
Do you use foundation as well as concealer or simply foundation to cover up the skin?

The cakeyness can be down to the applicator used when applying the product, try using a damp beauty blender. As for the foundation, go the beauty counters and ask for samples, many of the assistants are happy to give you a small container of foundation. Or, you could apply three shades of foundation running down your cheek and onto the neck then step outside into outdoor natural sunlight to see which foundation looks most natural.
Dior forever foundation is really good

Quick Reply