The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography entry 2016

Just wondering if anyone is getting an up to date information or acknowledgement of email received regarding the the things we need to do and pay before registration day. I called student finance regarding bursary n grant. They said letters will be sent out next month of how much has been allocated to us. In last year's thread they had to send letter of acceptance of Uni to Student Finance which i was not asked to do when i called yesterday???
Reply 1
Haven't heard anything myself. Was hoping to hear back about the bursary but haven't yet that must be normal if you haven't either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
I received my letter with busary entitlement 5th Aug. I didnt have to send anything before. But the bursary came with a letter to fill in to confrim i have secured a place. I guess yours should be on the way too.
Hey guys/gals,

Due to an error my student finance application has only been processed recently and I have only received a letter stating the amount of loan i would receive. Will I be notified of the bursary entitlement separately? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by dirrtydavid
Hey guys/gals,

Due to an error my student finance application has only been processed recently and I have only received a letter stating the amount of loan i would receive. Will I be notified of the bursary entitlement separately? :s-smilie:

Yes the bursary letter comes separately.
Who do you contact regarding the bursary? Guy at student finance ni has informed me I have to contact my local education authority as they are the ones who process/deal with them :s-smilie:
So Student Finance Ni told me they don't process bursaries and to contact my local education authority and even gave me an email address. So I email my local education authority and I get a reply from someone who is a Student Finance NI staff member and even has the SFNI customer service contact number that I rang in his contact details.....:hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by dirrtydavid
So Student Finance Ni told me they don't process bursaries and to contact my local education authority and even gave me an email address. So I email my local education authority and I get a reply from someone who is a Student Finance NI staff member and even has the SFNI customer service contact number that I rang in his contact details.....:hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my local number from SFNI as well. They must have have a backlog to deal with. If you are based in Belfast you can gp in person at their office in Academy street but a phone call to them should save you the trouble. When you called did they say why it is taking so long?
The student finance guy just gave me an email address for my local education authority. He said it's their preferred method of contact at this time of year as they are so busy and they can sort out info before replying.

Anyways, I emailed my EA and they said:

"We have processed an assessment for a reduced rate maintenance loan for you. Your file has since been referred for a secondary assessment for NHS funding which will be carried out shortly and includes an NHS Bursary and a Fee Grant. Notifications shall be sent to you in due course outlining your support."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry bout that, I'm using the app and for some reason my first reply didn't show up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you guys like the diagnostic radiography course?
Reply 11
Yeah Its interesting from day one...each week we get to do practicles (positioning for xray) from theory taught. Advise study from day one cause you dont want work pilling up as theres so much info every week. Come January we are on 1st placements.
Original post by Mshannon1017
Do you guys like the diagnostic radiography course?

Quick Reply