The Student Room Group

Switching to BSc (3rd Year) With No Internship - Options?

So basically I'm being switched to a BSc in Physics at a strong target after getting a **** grade in 2nd year (was originally doing MSc).

Now I didn't quite get a Spring Week (s&t) this year and my plan was just to go for internships during my 3rd year, but since it's not gonna be my penultimate year of study, this is no longer an option. So essentially, I'm entering 3rd year with no internship.

What should I do, apply for internships anyway? Is a career in s&t still achievable, heck, are less competitive areas (big 4/risk) still achievable?
Original post by osomo
So basically I'm being switched to a BSc in Physics at a strong target after getting a **** grade in 2nd year (was originally doing MSc).

Now I didn't quite get a Spring Week (s&t) this year and my plan was just to go for internships during my 3rd year, but since it's not gonna be my penultimate year of study, this is no longer an option. So essentially, I'm entering 3rd year with no internship.

What should I do, apply for internships anyway? Is a career in s&t still achievable, heck, are less competitive areas (big 4/risk) still achievable?

You can still apply for internships, it's a misconception that you absolutely have to be penultimate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
You can still apply for internships, it's a misconception that you absolutely have to be penultimate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. I was thinking that it would be hard to get past initial screening since it's often stated that applicants should be in the penultimate year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending