The Student Room Group

What jobs have you earning 35000 pounds per annum?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
I think they should just make an exception for public sector jobs that are in high demand. But the aim of the law is to reduce immigration and a lot of immigrants earn less than £35000.

True
Become a road an and make million a year
Original post by mrahim
According to UK government policies, non eu peeps have to earn that in order to stay. What jobs offer these kind of salaries?

Keep in mind this is for someone with a year or two or none experience, graduating from uni (ug/masters).

Care to share the policy ior link is to it so we can see for ourselves?
Original post by 25kgcurls
A lot of the good ones pay that.
Banking, accounting, some tech firms, trading, consulting at a good firm, some engineering firms, medicine, dentistry

After more than five years, a lot of jobs pay this. After ten years, pretty much all grad jobs pay at least £40000

Pretty much^ + law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mrahim
Basically IB and consultancy?

What tech firms pay these sort of salary? Besides Google.

Tech side of investment banks, other high profile tech cos (Amazon, Microsoft, ARM, Facebook etc), quant hedge funds, pre-IPO startups (ala Uber) etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by mrahim
Basically IB and consultancy?

What tech firms pay these sort of salary? Besides Google.

I get 47k, 2 years after graduating. Way more is possible, there's at least 2 older devs at my job who get 80-120k - but that usually means lots of work over lots of years.
What do you do? What company?
Reply 27
Programming, cyber security, pretty much anything else that evolves having to go to uni to study a computer related degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending