The Student Room Group

Can I take a year out after 2nd year?

Im a mature student, due to begin 3rd year in September. Last year I didn't do very well at uni, ultimatley I put it down to the fact that I had to work 4 shifts to survive financially. I have financial commitments, bills to pay etc, more than the average student and student loans & grants just isn't enough therefore I have to work alongside uni. If i carry on the same in 3rd year it is going to seriously hinder my overall grade. Does anybody know if it is possible for me to take a year out so I can work and save up enough money to help see me through 3rd year (the year later) and not have to work as much or at all? That way I will be able to give a lot more time to my studies and achieve a better grade.
Unis have their own rules for leave of absence and what circumstances are grounds for leave. Contact either your student union or student support/welfare office for advice.
most universities allow a leave of absence where you can pick up where you left off as long as you return within a stipulated time period. Check with Admissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending