The Student Room Group

Met a guy 5 days ago and in a relationship

So I got set on a blind date on Sunday and I met a guy who is everything I could ask for. I've not met anyone or been in a relationship in 5 years so this was something new to me and in the past I've really struggled to get on with people I have just met but when I first met him I've been nothing but comfortable, I can tell him anything and everything and it's strange because I'm the type of person that keeps everything bottled up, I hate letting anyone in but I feel I can tell him anything.
After that first date we met up again the next day and from then I spent the past 3 days with him just getting to know him, probably being around him for 16 hours a day, until I went home at night. Conversation is always flowing and he's really let his guard down with me and told me things he doesn't tell anyone. I really like him and we get on so well, I'm happy to say I'm in a relationship now but my friends are saying it's way too fast but I've never been like this before?
Original post by Anonymous
So I got set on a blind date on Sunday and I met a guy who is everything I could ask for. I've not met anyone or been in a relationship in 5 years so this was something new to me and in the past I've really struggled to get on with people I have just met but when I first met him I've been nothing but comfortable, I can tell him anything and everything and it's strange because I'm the type of person that keeps everything bottled up, I hate letting anyone in but I feel I can tell him anything.
After that first date we met up again the next day and from then I spent the past 3 days with him just getting to know him, probably being around him for 16 hours a day, until I went home at night. Conversation is always flowing and he's really let his guard down with me and told me things he doesn't tell anyone. I really like him and we get on so well, I'm happy to say I'm in a relationship now but my friends are saying it's way too fast but I've never been like this before?

As long as its going at a speed that you're happy with then don't worry about it :smile:
Doesn't matter about the timing tbh, you're together now have fun. Prolly just jealous you found someone awesome and are having fun. I'm sure they would do the same if they were in your position :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I also think it's too fast, you should've at least talked to him for a month before actually getting into a relationship. I've met someone like that and it didn't end up well.

Original post by Jazzy97
Doesn't matter about the timing tbh, you're together now have fun. Prolly just jealous you found someone awesome and are having fun. I'm sure they would do the same if they were in your position :rolleyes:

I'm sure they're just looking out for her, I mean 5 days is really quick. They might be in a long term relationship or not but getting into a relationship without fully knowing about them isn't wise. You might see their flaws and probably not like it and probably draft apart from them.
The quicker you two move, in theory - the longer you get to see each other.
Considering your friends told you this, and you didn't think of that yourself (or maybe you did) then you should probably consider whether it would be forced to ask him to wait. I mean, what would hypothetically feel more natural; going with the flow and getting together after five days, or waiting a certain amount of time until it's socially acceptable? Just go for it. It's not as if waiting will somehow increase your chances of staying together longer. You're either good for each other, and you'll work out, or you won't, and whether you find that out in a month or in a year, you'll find out anyways (and personally I think it's better if you don't waste your time and find out as soon as you can. It's worth the risk :smile:)
Original post by Eriasu
I also think it's too fast, you should've at least talked to him for a month before actually getting into a relationship. I've met someone like that and it didn't end up well.

I'm sure they're just looking out for her, I mean 5 days is really quick. They might be in a long term relationship or not but getting into a relationship without fully knowing about them isn't wise. You might see their flaws and probably not like it and probably draft apart from them.

That could be true, either way though the relationship is ultimately down to her, friends should not discourage either way. Doesn't really matter though, if they aren't the person your looking for, it's better that you know that early on so you don't waste time. Whirlwind romance or not, it's the experience that matters no matter how short.

Quick Reply

Latest