The Student Room Group

Converse as wedding shoes?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I had a friend who did this. She had a shorter 50s style dress to go with it, so it looked really good and fitted with the theme of the wedding. Ribbons instead of laces sounds really lovely too :biggrin:

I think with a longer more traditional dress it wouldn't work so well, and I agree with @Carnationlilyrose that you might look back and feel a bit cringe about it.

I ve not tried any dresses on yet but i think i ll prefer a more traditional one, especially since it will be the beginning of winter so i think CLR's right :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
not much difference between £50 and £30 really tho but the quality might vary quite a bit so depends how much you care about what sort of shoes you're wearing

I guess not, but i really don't want to end up going over budget so £20 extra on lots of things would slowly get out of control. As long as they're comfortable and don't fall apart and look reasonably nice i ll be happy :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Hell yeah, they'd look brilliant! I was considering them or Vans as my wedding shoes but will probably go with silver glittery dolly shoes. Definitely not heels of any kind, I'd sooner wear Crocs :laugh:

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in on your big day. I'm sure you'll make a beautiful bride :h:

Silver glittery dolly shoes do sound great:smile: Thank you that's sweet of you, i just want to wear comfortable shoes that wont give me knee pain like occasion shoes normally do.
Original post by claireestelle
^^
Do you think that white converse would look good with a wedding dress?
I pretty much live in comfortable shoes, can't wear heels at all or flats for more than a couple of hours, so i was thinking why not be comfortable and wear white converse with ribbon instead of laces for the day. But thought i'd ask for opinions as although people have done it before, its not particularly traditional:P

If you're wearing a long dress, who is going to notice? It's your wedding day anyway, do what you want!
I ve not tried any dresses on yet but i think i ll prefer a more traditional one, especially since it will be the beginning of winter so i think CLR's right :smile:

*smirks* Honestly, I'm wasted as the mother of sons.
My sister in law wore converses with a long dress.

With the shorter evening dress for the dance, she still wore the same converses

I might steal a few pages out of her book for the future!
Original post by Platopus
If you're wearing a long dress, who is going to notice? It's your wedding day anyway, do what you want!

Good point, i m not sure anyone will see my shoes although i don't know if i want to have it literally touching the floor as i m worried i'd fall over:P
Good point, i m not sure anyone will see my shoes although i don't know if i want to have it literally touching the floor as i m worried i'd fall over:P

Even so, I'm sure everyone will be too busy noticing how beautiful the rest of you looks to care about your shoes!
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
*smirks* Honestly, I'm wasted as the mother of sons.

I m sure your advice wont go wasted, you can give fashion advice to future daughter in laws :smile:
Original post by Platopus
Even so, I'm sure everyone will be too busy noticing how beautiful the rest of you looks to care about your shoes!

That's very sweet of you to say:smile:
I m sure your advice wont go wasted, you can give fashion advice to future daughter in laws :smile:

:moon:
I considered wearing matching Converse for my wedding but my wife's wide feet made that impossible. The Converse site allows you to customize them and even do something like having the date of your wedding printed on them. I think that would be really cool.
If converse are your style then I think it is a lovely idea. No point wearing something that doesn't suit your personality. I had a pair of blue heels for the ceremony and then sparkly good flats for the reception (I couldn't wait to get out of the heels, even though they were quite low), but because of the style of my dress no one knew what I was wearing anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not something I would do, but if you like it and makes you feel comfortable, then go for it! It's your day after all

Quick Reply

Latest