Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

SFE Unknown Error

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I've been trying to log in to my Student Finance account for weeks and each time I log in I am met with a message saying "Sorry, something has gone wrong" and underneath:

"An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.Try and log into your account later and resume your application.If you continue to see this message, contact Student Finance England."

I have deleted my cache and cookies, changed browsers, changed computers and tried to log in from different locations. I called them yesterday three times and each of them were able to access my account. They suggested I reset my login details and this should help, but after doing so I had no such luck. I very much need to login and change some details as I have decided to move out and require a bigger loan.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so have you been able to fix it?

Hey Tweddled

I have received a email from the IT department they said the following

Thank you for your email.

Our IT teams are currently investigating the issue however we are unsure
    when this will be resolved.
    If you require information about your account at present we'd advise
    contacting our customer service centre via telephone.
    Contact details for the relevant office can be found from the following

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

just hold out till now even they don't know when it's going to get fixed ?

Hi Tweddled

If this is something you need to change now, please call us and we can send you a paper form to change loan amounts.
    I'm sorry you are unable to log into the account. We will try to resolve this as soon as we can.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.