The Student Room Group

3rd Aug: What do you do when you need some space?

Whether it’s carving out a space of your own in a crowded house, or giving yourself some headspace when you’ve had a tough day, The Surgery this week is all about how to self-care and feel better.

How do you take time out when you need a break from the world? Do you practise self-care? Do you meditate?

Join Gemma and the experts on Wednesday 3rd August to share your advice and get some back.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.
Reply 1
Original post by BBC Radio 1
Whether it’s carving out a space of your own in a crowded house, or giving yourself some headspace when you’ve had a tough day, The Surgery this week is all about how to self-care and feel better.

How do you take time out when you need a break from the world? Do you practise self-care? Do you meditate?

Join Gemma and the experts on Wednesday 3rd August to share your advice and get some back.

I love going for a long run or going to the gym to give me some time away from everything. Exercise is actually amazing for you to gather your thoughts, even if you go for a walk :smile:

I love having a bath and reading a good book to escape from it all.
read or go gym
Play guitar and sing. It's the only thing that distracts me completely.
Depends tbh.
Sometimes i just switch everyone off but tbh talking to people usually makes me feel better although i do think there is such a thing as talking to much and you get tired of the question 'how are you' etc
The best thing that I love doing is listening to my music in the forest and then running down this grassy bank it is just great :smile:
I generally listen to up beat songs and dance like an idiot.
I usually write a facebook status declaring me MIA for a particular timeframe, I put my phone on do not disturb mode, lock my front door and make full use of my speakers or book shelves for a few hours or more.

Some people think of me as ignorant, selfish or just odd but that's not my intention. I just need the time to zone out and let go of any niggling everyday issues and stress, I'm much more pleasant after!
Reply 8
Whyyyy is tsr not there ????? wrong thread oooops
When I need a break or a time out, I would even sign myself off work, if it is too tough. Otherwise I am reading books or drawing pictures to come to a rest. Do that in my own walls, that is a good relaxation.

Doing sports helps a lot too.*
I go to my bed and sleep. No one disturbs me in my dreams.
Original post by scrawlx101
read or go gym

People always said that reading does not enable to relax only, but also to disappear from real life for a while and to come into a world of your own imaginations. Would you say this goes for you too?*
(Unhealthily) I usually curl up in bed with a box of beer (or G&Ts) and stick on a tv show!! Sometimes I read, if it's a really good book, that can definitely just help me forget about the world!

I listen to some calming music or just hit a punchbag to let my anger out if I'm angry or pissed off ❤️ But I mostly try to stay happy because that's the best thing in everyone's life!☺️ Even though I'm the only teen/child in the house apart from my parents my mum still doesn't let me have any time to myself. 😁
Original post by claireestelle
I generally listen to up beat songs and dance like an idiot.

I guess this goes for me too. But whenever I am feeling good, I need to dance. That is why I don't care, the feeling is the main point. Am I right? *
Gym.
Original post by Kallisto
People always said that reading does not enable to relax only, but also to disappear from real life for a while and to come into a world of your own imaginations. Would you say this goes for you too?*

i zone out sometimes if thats what u mean
Original post by scrawlx101
i zone out sometimes if thats what u mean

Something like that, but in addition to that I asked you whether reading awakes a creativity in you.*
eat chocolate cake or watch movies:smile:
Original post by tamil fever
eat chocolate cake or watch movies:smile:

Sounds good, like chocolate cakes!:bigsmile: are you rather watching movies in a cinema or in TV?

Quick Reply

Latest