The Student Room Group

The love of my life just died in a car accident...

I'm in pieces right now.

I got a phone call from a close friend of mine in France, and he told me about the news. My Facebook and phone have been flooded with messages ever since.

Due to complications we hadn't spoken for 2 years, but she always had a large place in my heart.

I'm in a complete state of shock right now. I almost burst into tears at dinner, so I had to leave and come to my room.

Scroll to see replies

Oh God you poor thing. I can't imagine how hard it must be :frown:

Vent however you feel out. And talk it out as well. I know it's hard but yeah feel free to PM me if you need to talk about her.
Damn im so sorry to hear that.

Im afraid theres nothing you can do now. Just think of the happy times in your life.
You can pull through! Were all here for you!
I can understand how youre feeling. Just so sudden.
But lets try to stay as positive as we can
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in pieces right now.

I got a phone call from a close friend of mine in France, and he told me about the news. My Facebook and phone have been flooded with messages ever since.

Due to complications we hadn't spoken for 2 years, but she always had a large place in my heart.

I'm in a complete state of shock right now. I almost burst into tears at dinner, so I had to leave and come to my room.

OMG. OMG I'm so sorry to hear that! :frown:

Just try and find someone to be with atm like do you know what i mean?

try and get someone to talk to to sho wyour feelings. speakm ot your friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh God you poor thing. I can't imagine how hard it must be :frown:

Vent however you feel out. And talk it out as well. I know it's hard but yeah feel free to PM me if you need to talk about her.

Original post by FireFreezer77
Damn im so sorry to hear that.

Im afraid theres nothing you can do now. Just think of the happy times in your life.
You can pull through! Were all here for you!
I can understand how youre feeling. Just so sudden.
But lets try to stay as positive as we can

Thanks guys...

I couldn't believe it at first, but then I got all these messages of condolence from her friends that I hadn't heard in years.

I'm hearing that her parents would like me at her funeral, even though I never got to speak with them.
Reply 5
Original post by TheContingency
OMG. OMG I'm so sorry to hear that! :frown:

Just try and find someone to be with atm like do you know what i mean?

try and get someone to talk to to sho wyour feelings. speakm ot your friends.

I've never told anyone how I felt about her. We had this "secret" fling for about 5 years. People knew that we liked eachother, but not the scale of it.

We both wanted to keep our true feelings secret.
Thanks guys...

I couldn't believe it at first, but then I got all these messages of condolence from her friends that I hadn't heard in years.

I'm hearing that her parents would like me at her funeral, even though I never got to speak with them.

No worries man!

Yeah it sounds like a real shock to you. Damn that shows they knew how much she meant to you.

I would go to it. Youll regret it otherwise.

Im always here if you wanna talk
I've never told anyone how I felt about her. We had this "secret" fling for about 5 years. People knew that we liked eachother, but not the scale of it.

We both wanted to keep our true feelings secret.

OMG I feel so sad it reminds me of a song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7w200rrcs

OPEN UP TO THE FAMILY and just dont regre anything. YOu are not control of fate. things like this happen and the best thing to do is hold evryone else.

"Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you, the one you love not the one who simply has sex with you, appreciate them to the fullest extent and beyond because you never know what you got until its gone."
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm in pieces right now.

I'm so sorry to hear this :console: :console:

I hope you're okay, things probably don't seem real right now, but just remember it's okay to cry and mourn whenever you feel like it, just give yourself as much time as you need to heal.

If you ever feel guilty about anything remember that it's a common stage of bereavement and if you need any help CRUSE Bereavement care are a good place to contact. They give counselling support to people who need it. Regrets are pointless.

R.I.P to your friend
Reply 9
Original post by FireFreezer77
No worries man!

Yeah it sounds like a real shock to you. Damn that shows they knew how much she meant to you.

I would go to it. Youll regret it otherwise.

Im always here if you wanna talk

Really appreciate it.

I will definitely go to it.
It will all seem a bit surreal. There is no right and wrong way to react, we all do so differently.

Talking to people can be helpful and stops you feeling isolated. You can skype them?

Decide if you wnat to or can go to the funeral and planning that should be something to keep you busy and distracted. If you cna go, then you should as it will help with closure imo.
I am really sorry to hear that :frown:

I'm in pieces right now.

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences. <3
My condolences.
:hugs:
Reply 15
omg OP :frown: I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences. Stay strong OP <3
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I agree it would be good for you to attend the funeral. Also , just a suggestion, but if you maybe wrote a short letter to her parents,explaining what she meant to you and pointing out her lovely qualities, i'm sure it will mean a lot to them. You could include the letter in with a Deepest Sympathy card. Also, you mentioned YOUR parents. Have you told them what has happened? If not I think you ought to.
Reply 17
'Our fingerprints dont fade from the lives we touched'
Her memory and the impact she had on you will never be gone.
So sorry for your loss. :hugs:
Reply 19
My condolences to you and both your families :console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending