The Student Room Group

talking to a teacher about personal problems?

basically ive been speaking to my teacher about personal problems, my confidence/anxeity and my anger and all, he's been really supportive and really nice about it and has listened and it feels like he cares tbh, i look up too him and feel comfortable talking to him and it makes me feel better, but he's not a councillor so do u think it would be appropriate for me to carry on talking to him after summer? I'm still going to talk to a councillor anyway, but he makes me feel better and gives good advice. and also do you think its normal i miss him because its the summer and i have no one i feel comfortable speaking too and i miss him:frown: is that normal?
Reply 1
If I were the teacher I would feel a bit overwhelmed if a student kept asking me for such personal advice given their job is mainly to teach rather that act as a councillor and there's only so much they can do to help. I suggest you try and look for help elsewhere as your teacher might start to feel a bit under pressure if you keep hassling them with your issues :/
Reply 2
Original post by fefssdf
If I were the teacher I would feel a bit overwhelmed if a student kept asking me for such personal advice given their job is mainly to teach rather that act as a councillor and there's only so much they can do to help. I suggest you try and look for help elsewhere as your teacher might start to feel a bit under pressure if you keep hassling them with your issues :/

i only started talking too him because the school counselling thingy referred me too him and he said he was alright with me speaking too him, and i can always come talk too him if i feel upset, i just didn't know if it'd be okay after the summer.
Reply 3
Original post by Fangirlxo
i only started talking too him because the school counselling thingy referred me too him and he said he was alright with me speaking too him, and i can always come talk too him if i feel upset, i just didn't know if it'd be okay after the summer.

I just think if you keep going to him then it seems your problems aren't getting helped through seeing him so you're better off finding another person to chat to as they might have something different which may prove more effective
Reply 4
Original post by fefssdf
I just think if you keep going to him then it seems your problems aren't getting helped through seeing him so you're better off finding another person to chat to as they might have something different which may prove more effective

he has helped me tho cuz since i started speaking to him i haven't lost my temper at all (i used to throw things, self harm out of temper, threaten too kill myself etc) but since I've been speaking to him i haven't done that and i don't feel so angry.
he has helped me tho cuz since i started speaking to him i haven't lost my temper at all (i used to throw things, self harm out of temper, threaten too kill myself etc) but since I've been speaking to him i haven't done that and i don't feel so angry.

well, you can have a go and ask him, and tell him you're not forcing him, but he's been great help and you understand if he refuses to do so. You won't lose anything by trying.

alternatively, you can also talk to me :biggrin: send me a PM, I've had similar problems.
Reply 7
Original post by lawlieto
alternatively, you can also talk to me :biggrin: send me a PM, I've had similar problems.

Could u message me lol, I'm new to this and idk how too do it lmao😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending