The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2017

Hi is anyone applying or considering applying for children's nursing for Sep 2017?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MDouglas
Hi is anyone applying or considering applying for children's nursing for Sep 2017?

Hey, yeah I want to pursue a career in Child Nursing and would love to study at the University of Leeds. How about you?
Reply 2
Hi good luck, have you started your application yet? are you only applying to the one uni?

I am going to apply for children's nursing at Kingston University, really excited but also really nervous about messing my personal statement up
Hi good luck, have you started your application yet? are you only applying to the one uni?

I am going to apply for children's nursing at Kingston University, really excited but also really nervous about messing my personal statement up

Hey,
No am going to apply to five universities, however The University of Leeds is my first choice. I have started my personal statement and i am in the middle of editing it. Good Luck with your personal statement.
Reply 4
Original post by Ruqayyah1999
Hey,
No am going to apply to five universities, however The University of Leeds is my first choice. I have started my personal statement and i am in the middle of editing it. Good Luck with your personal statement.

Hi thank you, good luck with yours I find the personal statement the hardest part
Reply 5
Hi, I am! I've written a first draft of my personal statement and I'll be applying to University of Southamton, Cardiff, Surrey, Oxford Brookes and UWE. Eek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by elise68
Hi, I am! I've written a first draft of my personal statement and I'll be applying to University of Southamton, Cardiff, Surrey, Oxford Brookes and UWE. Eek!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi its exciting and nerve racking at the same time isn't it? lol, I'm still working on my first draft got everything I need to write about I just don't know how to open it lol
Reply 7
Hi its exciting and nerve racking at the same time isn't it? lol, I'm still working on my first draft got everything I need to write about I just don't know how to open it lol

Yes definitely! It's so hard to put in to words why you actually want to do nursing! Have you been on any open days yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by elise68
Yes definitely! It's so hard to put in to words why you actually want to do nursing! Have you been on any open days yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet my uni has them end of sep beginning of oct so I'm going to go along to one then, what about you?
Reply 9
Not yet my uni has them end of sep beginning of oct so I'm going to go along to one then, what about you?

I've been to Southampton, UWE and Surrey so just got Oxford Brookes and Cardiff left to see!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by elise68
I've been to Southampton, UWE and Surrey so just got Oxford Brookes and Cardiff left to see!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When are you seeing them? have you got a favourite so far?
When are you seeing them? have you got a favourite so far?

I'm going to see the last two in October. I have absolutely fallen in love with Southampton!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi @MDouglas, I am applying for child nursing (second year running). I will be applying for anglian ruskin,uwl,bournemouth,bucks new and bcu. My absoloute dream uni would be,bournemouth.

Last year i got invited to test days and interviews,but not any further :frown: so im hoping this year,i get my place. Also got a voluntary interview in a hospital,so hopefully that will help me at interviews. Xx
Reply 13
Original post by elise68
I'm going to see the last two in October. I have absolutely fallen in love with Southampton!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hi @MDouglas, I am applying for child nursing (second year running). I will be applying for anglian ruskin,uwl,bournemouth,bucks new and bcu. My absoloute dream uni would be,bournemouth.

Last year i got invited to test days and interviews,but not any further :frown: so im hoping this year,i get my place. Also got a voluntary interview in a hospital,so hopefully that will help me at interviews. Xx

Hi ahh good luck :smile:, well done for getting so far last year did you request feedback as to why you weren't offered a place? good luck with the volunteer interview when is it? what is it for? I've applied to volunteer at my local hospital just waiting to hear back but hate waiting lol
Hi ahh good luck :smile:, well done for getting so far last year did you request feedback as to why you weren't offered a place? good luck with the volunteer interview when is it? what is it for? I've applied to volunteer at my local hospital just waiting to hear back but hate waiting lol

Thank you,you too. One of the unis said it was because i didnt show how i could progress on the course. I dont really know what they meant by that. Thank you and its 7/9 and its just to volunteer on a ward for one day a week,for six months. Hoping to be based on a childrens ward. The waiting game is horrible,but worth it. Xx
Reply 16
Aww that's a bit of weird feedback not alot you can do about that really, maybe it came down to you and another candicate and they just had to really nit pick, hopefully you'll be in a good position this time around and you'll have some experience of the interview process under your belt so fingers crossed
That would be great if you can get on the children's ward, I've applied to be a paediatric play volunteer so I'm hoping I hear back soon
Reply 17
How's everyone getting on with their personal statements? I know everything I want to put it in but every time I go to start writing my brain goes blank

Also what experience has everyone got? Or planning to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Good luck guys :smile: when doing my personal statement I found the ucas personal statement guide really helpful!
How's everyone getting on with their personal statements? I know everything I want to put it in but every time I go to start writing my brain goes blank

Also what experience has everyone got? Or planning to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,my personal statements all done. I didnt have to change to much of it from last year,just hope thats ok. :/

In terms of exprience i have:babysitting,primary school,nursery,youth work,support work and hopefully hospital work soon. How about you?

In reply to my earlier post,i think the reason i didnt get a place,was due to my nerves getting the better of me and not answering questions very well. I have been working on that now though.

Quick Reply

Latest