The Student Room Group

Are the these good grades for end of year 10?

I am scared these are really bad grades
I got
Maths - B
RE- D
English - C
History - C +
Business - A
Science - C
Original post by User37483774
I got
Maths - B
RE- D
English - C
History - C +
Business - A
Science - C

there just average grades nothing special
I got
Maths - B
RE- D
English - C
History - C +
Business - A
Science - C

Good? No.
Really bad? No.

They're about average (apart from that D). By the way, what subject is RE? Im not from the UK.
Reply 3
Thanks :smile:. My parents are really disappointed, I don't know how to deal with it
Original post by Galaxie501
Good? No.
Really bad? No.

They're about average (apart from that D). By the way, what subject is RE? Im not from the UK.

RE is religious education. It's not one of the core subjects, so it's only important if you want to continue with it for A levels, really.

I got
Maths - B
RE- D
English - C
History - C +
Business - A
Science - C

They seem average, I wouldn't worry. I know people who went from Es in their yr10 exams to A*s in their GCSEs.
Reply 5
Thanks :smile:. My parents are really disappointed, I don't know how to deal with it

Tell them you have one year's time to improve.
I got
Maths - B
RE- D
English - C
History - C +
Business - A
Science - C

They're not bad, they're pretty average. (average = Cs and maybe a few Bs)

With some hard work you can get those up though! There is still plenty of time, so don't worry. I would recommend starting a bit of work now if you're concerned, going over the tests you've done and reviewing what you did wrong. :smile:

If your parents are disappointed, that's their problem, tbh. What were they expecting from you? Say that these are only mocks, and represent what you can do with a fraction of the effort that you'd put into the real exams. (let's face it: no-one tries as hard as they would in the real exam, because they're bloody mocks! XD) State that you know where you went wrong, and how you can improve for next time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I wish I was worrying about Y10 grades...
No they aren't bad because you have time to change them if you aren't happy with them! Work hard next year and put a lot of effort into any coursework.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Don't panic! Just follow these simple revision tips ...
1) Make notes on all subjects and ensure they're concise so you can use them to learn the relevant content.
2) Test your knowledge with past papers/specimen papers and check the spec you're on.
3) Gap Analysis - Look at weaker topics and working on them.

Good luck and feel free to PM me regarding anything. :smile:
Reply 10
Those grades are average for Year 10.
If you want better grades (I'm sure you do) then you need to work hard. I suggest creating a GCSE thread. It's a great way to motivate yourself, become more organised and gives you opportunity to discuss your progress with other students in Year 10!

I wish you all the luck with your GCSEs! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest