The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Second year accomodation

I'm just about to go into my second year of uni at York, after having taken a year out, and I have stupidly left accomodation till the last minute. This means my options are either house sharing with random people or living in halls again. I'm debating between the two and I was wondering if anyone had lived in halls as a second year student, and if you're living with other second/third years, or if you'll be with freshers - which I really don't want. It would be a lot cheaper to flat share with random people, but I'm worried about living with people I don't know, obviously it's a similar situation in halls, but it's somewhat less bad since you're not joining a group of friends and everyone will be in the same boat of not knowing each other. So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of the either option and if they have any advice? thanks 😊
Original post by smorrissey
I'm just about to go into my second year of uni at York, after having taken a year out, and I have stupidly left accomodation till the last minute. This means my options are either house sharing with random people or living in halls again. I'm debating between the two and I was wondering if anyone had lived in halls as a second year student, and if you're living with other second/third years, or if you'll be with freshers - which I really don't want. It would be a lot cheaper to flat share with random people, but I'm worried about living with people I don't know, obviously it's a similar situation in halls, but it's somewhat less bad since you're not joining a group of friends and everyone will be in the same boat of not knowing each other. So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of the either option and if they have any advice? thanks 😊

I can't answer your other queries but I do know that returning (2nd year onwards) students are in separate flats/blocks to first years.
University of York
York
Reply 2
I don't know if you can still apply for halls accommodation now, or if it is too late for that.
As for living in halls as a second year, you live with all second (maybe third) years, so you are separate from the freshers.
If you are going to look for an off campus house, your best bet is joining some of the buy/sell York facebook pages, as there are quite a few people still advertising spare rooms on those (don't know how long that will still last and how quickly they go though)
Reply 3
If you're still looking for second year accommodation, we have a double room spare in a house with two other second years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending