The Student Room Group

Will I get a job?

Hi,

I had an interview at my local shop last week and they rang me a few days later. The shop owner told me that I hadn't got the position because there was only one vacancy, but that if there were two I would have got a job. He also said that although he can't promise anything, he is expecting a few jobs to pop up in the next coming weeks and told me that I would be the first one he would offer a job to, because I interviewed fantastically.

Do you think there is a genuine chance I could still get a job there? Or was that sort of a "We'll keep your application on file" formality? Surely he wouldn't praise me so much, or even go out of his way to contact me, if he didn't want me in future.
Original post by smc720
Hi,

I had an interview at my local shop last week and they rang me a few days later. The shop owner told me that I hadn't got the position because there was only one vacancy, but that if there were two I would have got a job. He also said that although he can't promise anything, he is expecting a few jobs to pop up in the next coming weeks and told me that I would be the first one he would offer a job to, because I interviewed fantastically.

Do you think there is a genuine chance I could still get a job there? Or was that sort of a "We'll keep your application on file" formality? Surely he wouldn't praise me so much, or even go out of his way to contact me, if he didn't want me in future.

Continue job searching. I've had interviews from managers who say they will definitely call to offer me the position...guess what? They didn't.

The manager is giving you false hope. Sorry but thats the truth.
Reply 2
Original post by Boreism
Continue job searching. I've had interviews from managers who say they will definitely call to offer me the position...guess what? They didn't.

The manager is giving you false hope. Sorry but thats the truth.

Normally I would think this, but I heard from other people who went for an interview that they didn't even get a call back to say whether or not they got the job so maybe I'm in with a chance still?
still apply for other jobs just in case, they might not call you back again. I was rejected from a job after interview even though they said during the interview I had the job. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending